Late Night Texts

Instead of running out and slamming the door shut, I froze. My left hand stayed on the door handle, but wouldn't budge. I don't know what I feel. There is a slight pain in my chest and it's not from my previous injuries.

Blondie is sitting on top of Mr. Carter's in his chair , and has his tie around her neck while making out. This is why he didn't show up? Because of this whore?

They didn't hear me come in, so I slowly walked back out and shut the door. I close my eyes, take a deep breath to calm myself, and walk to my office. I shut my door quietly and slide door the door frame, so that I'm sitting with my knees against my chest. I want the pain to go away in my chest. I don't know why I feel this way. I thought to myself. I don't have feelings for him like that...or maybe I do. I never thought of him in that way until now. I really thought he was going to be at my hearing like he promised. He promised.

I know it sounds dramatic, but it was a big deal for me. I have been through a lot the last couple of days, so excuse me if I'm not thinking straight. He even knows the shit I went through and saved that bitches ass from getting in trouble too. That's how he planned on taking care of the other workers that were doing drugs? How did I get the shitty end of the deal?

Wait, maybe that's why I'm hurting. It's not because I like him. It is because he broke his promise. Ugh, now I'm confusing myself. I really wish I could close my eyes and everything would go away. The past couple of weeks have seemed like a complete joke.

-------------------

"Hey can you whip the tables please?" Ashley handed my a white cloth.

I smiled in return, "we closing early tonight?"

"Yeah. I need a break from the bar and if closing early gives me that break, then I'll take it." She tied her hair into a high pony while organizing the alcohol.

"Your dad doesn't mind?" I questioned her.

she shrugged,"eh, he doesn't pay too much attention as long as we are making money."

We finished up cleaning and locked up the bar. Ashley usually walks me home. Especially after the recent incidents. Believe it or not I'm not scared.

"How's life in the outside world again?" I could tell she was trying to lighten the mood.

I smiled slightly, "I did miss steak."

She started laughing, "you're so dramatic. You weren't in there for that long."

"Says the queen of drama herself." I nudged her shoulder.

"How's work?" She changed the subject.

I decided to go against telling Ashley what I saw because I still don't know how I feel towards it. Besides, she's in love with Mr. Carter and will take his side regardless of the situation. She can be such a fan girl. "Work is...work."

"Oh come on your have to give me details!" She playfully grabbed on my my right arm.

"I don't have anything juicy!" I lied through my teeth while we arrived at my complex. "I'll let you know when I do though."

"Fine. You little shit." We hugged and I headed inside.

Just like every other girl, I did my nightly ritual. Showered, brushed teeth, combed hair, changed, and washed my face. I placed my phone on the charger since it was at 10% and crawled into bed. My bed felt like a cloud tonight. I knew I would be getting a good night sleep.

Just when my eyes started to get heavy, my phone buzzed. I was going to ignore it, but it buzzed two more times. Now that I'm officially awake and annoyed. I reach for my phone to see who texted me.

Aiden: heard the trial went well.

Aiden: sorry I had a lot of work to do and couldn't make it.

Aiden: you okay?

I literally laughed out loud. Is this guy serious? I was against texting back at first, but the fact that he lied to me got me all worked up.

From Kylie to Aiden: yeah I'm free

From Kylie to Aiden: sorry that you had a lot of work. Must be a tough job to spend all day fucking around with a certain employee.

Just as I was about to set my phone down and go to sleep, I see the cloud pop up with three dots signifying that he is writing back.

Aiden: glad to see you're doing well. Goodnight Kylie

I can't believe he just said that. He didn't even deny it which is pretty funny. Don't be a smart ass towards me when I'm being one towards you.

From Kylie to Aiden: go to hell. Sweet dreams

With that last text, I set my phone down and rolled over to go to sleep. I just wanted this day to be over with. I want time to freeze, so that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.