Chapter 12

Natasha's pov:

I am such a big coward. I had been one and always will remain a coward. I could not save my parents, i could not save my brother and now my best friend. All because of what? Just because I could not stand up against that person.

That person who was supposed to love me, to protect and nourish me. That person who has now made it his mission to torture me.

First he killed my parents, then my brother and now was trying to hurt the only family I had left. And that person was none other than my mate.

The day I turned of age, the day I was supposed to remember all my life, the day I was supposed to find my mate, turned my life into a disaster.

It was my sixteenth birthday and I was happily walking the corridors of my house when I caught a whiff of the most amazing scent. The scent of apples and vinegar. I ran down the stairs following the scent, in search of my mate. My foot slipped on the last step and was about to fall face first on the ground.

I waited for the impact but it never came. Instead I fell in the arms of soneone. Sparks erupted throughout my hands on coming in contact with the person. I opened my eyes only to get lost in the depths of blue. The animal inside me was jumping with joy. At first I did not recognize the face I was staring at.

He had the most beautiful blue eyes. Strong chiseled jaw with slight facial hair. The epitome of beauty.

My mate.

My lead tormentor,

Matthew Jordans.

I anticipated that he would reject me. He had tormented me for years. It had to because of his hate. It couldn't be because he loves me. His grip on me never losened only became stronger. I tried to get out of his grip with disappointment. But one big grin from him and I melted right there.

All tortures and anger forgotteen. All those years of trift between us over. I fell into his warm embrace. He picked me up bridal style and began carrying me to some place. I was too lost in him to even notice.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Finally after walking for a while Matthew settled down somewhere with me on his lap. When I opened my eyes I realized that we were in my room.

My room was very small because of my status in the pack. It had pale orange walls. It only consisted of a single bed with a thin mattress, a study table made of black hardwood, a small cupboard and a full length mirror. The walls in my room were covered with paintings made by me and rosalie.

For a moment we were both quite. It was a comfortable silence but I decided to break it.

"So, we are mates" it sounded more of a question than a statement.

"Yeah we are. Are you happy? Because I am more than happy. What can a guy want when he has the most beautiful girl as his mate."

I was ecstatic on hearing those words come from him.

" How can I not be happy. I have liked you a lot for years now. And now to find that you are my mate, i am very happy" I told him with full sincerity. Upon this he gave me a full blown grin.

I squeaked out lowly when I was picked up and laid on the bed. Matthew hovered over me staring in my eyes. His gaze took in every feature of my face and then landed on my lips. He leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. The kiss started off slow but quickly turned into a full out make out session. His left hand held my face in a light embrace while his other hand slipped under the hem of my shirt.

Just when it was crawling upwards, the door of my room flew open with a loud thud.