Chapter 19

Third Person's POV:

Although a million thoughts were running through his mind, all Aiden could seem to focus on was Rosalie's unconscious body held securely in his arms. He started walking up the stairs towards his room. Natasha, not knowing what she was supposed to do, followed Aiden, timidly to his room. The whole way upstairs, her eyes were on Rosalie's bruised up face. The never-ending guilt in her kept was taunting. Her inner voice kept telling her that it was all her fault and that she was the one responsible for Rosalie's condition. If she had been stronger and dared to tell someone about Matthew's treatment of her, she could have avoided this.

She also couldn't get Matthew's scream when she plunged the knife into his back, out of her mind. The reality of the situation was slowly dawning upon her. She had taken someone's life, and that was not something one forgets. Even the bravest and most strong-willed warriors never get over their first kill. It didn't matter if Matthew was a monster, or if he had killed her parents. He didn't deserve to die by her hands. Realization kicked in suddenly. Even with his dying breath, he had won. He died knowing that he was leaving Natasha with the guilt of killing her own mate.

Despite all the inner turmoil in her mind, she was silent all the way to the room. She entered the room and saw Aiden put Rosalie on the bed carefully. He sat by her side, running his fingers through her blood matted hair. She went and stood silently in the corner of the room. Her legs gave out on her, and she slid down the wall, sitting on the floor. All she could do was sit there and stare at the two on the bed.

The rest of the Pack was blissfully unaware of what was going on just a few floors above them. The Alpha was in the middle of his dinner, when he heard his son's voice in his head, asking him to come up to his room. He couldn't ask him why because the mind link closed as suddenly as it had opened. He had heard the panic in his voice. So, he immediately got up from his chair, turned to his Beta, who was sitting in the chair beside his, and asked him to follow him upstairs.

Both men came to the third floor when their instincts kicked in, and they could smell death all over the floor. Although faint, the stench was enough to stop them in their tracks. They turned the corner, following the smell all the way to the end of the hallway. On the wall in front of him, the Alpha saw blood smeared all over it.

There in front of them, they saw someone's, who the Beta recognized as one of their warriors' dead body. The sight of the body made the Alpha furious. He could not scent any outsider or rouge, so obviously someone in the Pack had killed the man. That angered him even more. A man was murdered in his house, right under his nose. The Alpha wolf in him was enraged. He turned towards his Beta and spoke in a deep voice,

"Jason, call the Hospital guards and tell them to take this body to the basement. I want increased security inside the packhouse, and no one is supposed to leave the house. And also, ask Killian to take charge of the border patrol and inspection for today."

He then took off towards Aiden's room with a bad feeling in the back of his mind. His son had asked for him at the same time he had found the dead body. He could not help but think that Aiden had somehow been involved in all this.

As soon as he saw Aiden's door, he barged into the room. The door banged against the wall, making a loud noise. The occupants of the room looked towards the source of the sound, seeing a very furious Alpha at the door. Both of them had different reactions to it. Aiden heaved a sigh of relief; he didn't know he was holding for a long time. After all that he had gone through in less than a day, all he needed was his family.

Natasha, on the other hand, glanced at the Alpha with a hollow look in her eyes, before looking away. She was still in shock, not able to get over what had happened.