Chapter 16

Zoey's POV:

I step out of the bus in the excruciating heat outside. It was both a relief and a problem. I would go mad if he had to hear one more story about that annoying lady's son. From the moment the bus started, the lady sitting near me began telling stories about her young son and his adventures in school.

All I wanted was to get in some rest before I went looking for my sister, and the lady kept eating my head. Of all the ways I could get her to shut up, smashing her head through the window was the one I loved the most. Unfortunately for me, she was lucky that there were many other people near us. So I settled with nodding my head along and trying to ignore her.

But stepping out into the scorching heat was even more difficult. We were at a small bus station on the outskirts of the forests. The bus station looked abandoned and to most people, it was just like any other run-down small town. No one got off the bus except me as I could tell that all of them were Humans and their destination was elsewhere.

As soon as the bus left, I started walking towards the forest even though I had no idea where I was headed. All I had to do was find the gates that were at the entrance of the Monara town. Though I highly doubted that they would let in someone from another pack.

The Monara pack had a very feared reputation. Everyone knew that they did not allow outsiders into their pack territories. And they also had a strict policy against Rogue. All the people in the neighboring towns kept away from their territory. I could just hope that I would that I could talk to the Alpha and explain the whole situation to him. Alpha Bishop was strict against outsiders, but he was also known for his just decisions. And I wished that he was in a good mood today.

Whatever happened I could not leave this place without finding my sister. I came here looking for her and damn anyone who stood in my way. I had already made the mistake of abandoning her once and will not repeat it. There were only two people in the whole world I cared about. My aunt, who has always been there for me, even when my parents abandoned me. 

She was there when I had my first fight with the older boy in school. I had come home after the fight, blood on my clothes and my knuckles injured, and all she did was take me inside and tend to my wounds. She did not ask me why I started the fight, nor did she scold me for it. She knew I must have had my reasons for the fight. She understood me like no one else and also supported me every time I had my emotional moments. 

And my sister, who meant the world to me, even though I had not seen her in all these long years, or even heard any news about her. I would find her and take her back to her home. Take her back to where she belonged.

Being so close to the pack where my sister was, I could already start feeling a connection to her

Being so close to the pack where my sister was, I could already start feeling a connection to her. It confirmed that she was somewhere close. But I couldn't also shake off a bad feeling creeping up into the back of my mind. It was like I could tell that something bad was going on. But what that thing was I could not tell. 

Walking deeper and deeper into the forest, I could feel the presence of other wolves in the area. This could only mean that I was getting closer to the pack. I was tired of walking for almost three hours so I stopped by a tree to take rest for a few moments, There was a wooden log near the tree and I decided to sit there. I took out my bottle and was about to take a sip from it when I heard the snapping sound. 

I heard footsteps closing in on me but before I could react, two large wolves were in front of me, growling threateningly. It was a warning growl, daring me to take a step. The two wolves shifted into really tall men, by the look of whom I could tell they were Pack warriors.

The one with the blonde hair took a step towards me.

" Who are you? Do you have any idea whose territory you are on?"

"My name is Zoe. I--"

"Well Zoey, do you know how much danger you are in. Girls like you should not be out roaming the forests, especially in another pack's territory." The redhead spoke in a mocking tone. 

"I am here to talk to your alpha. Just take me directly to Alpha Bishop and I will--" 

" We cannot just let anyone enter into our pack's territory and see the Alpha. We will deal with you. Whatever business you have, tell us." 

The redhead interrupted me once again. I had enough of this idiot's nonsense. He seemed too immature and was irritating me too much.

"I have to talk to the Alpha directly. I don't waste my time on mutts like you". I sassed. 

"Well, you little shit. What do you--" the blonde guy interrupted him and pulled him away from me. He spoke in a calm voice.

" Miss whatever you want to talk the Alpha about, You tell it to us. The Alpha is very busy and does not meet with everyone. You have entered into the Monara pack's territory. You will have to go back."

I realized that only talking won't get me into the pack. If I started a fight with them, then they will have to take me with them. With this thought in my mind, I started running towards the direction from where they came. Running at full speed, I could hear the sound of them behind me, hot on my trail. Even though I knew I was fast and could easily outrun them, I did not run at full speed. Not even a few seconds had passed, and I felt a heavy weight on my back and fell face-first into the ground. Two strong arms then pulled me up and held my hands behind my back. 

It was clearly the redhead who had jumped on me and was now holding on to me tightly. The blonde was standing a few feet away from me. He looked at me and then sighed.

" Take her into underground cellars and lock her in one of the rooms. The Alpha will deal with her later". With that being said he walked away from the two of us, shifting into his wolf.

The redhead smirked at me and then gave me a creepy smile. "You are a little bitch aren't you. I am sure when the alpha is done with you, he will just leave you in the cells. Then I will have my fun with you."

 I was fuming with anger on the inside. Once I have talked to Alpha Bishop I will show this idiot what I am capable of. I was one step closer to my goal. And that was the only satisfaction I had as he dragged me with him towards the direction of the pack.