Chapter Two - "Demi"

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Two

'Demi'

Joe's POV

That night after dinner, Nick, my younger brother, Frankie and I sat in the living room playing Spades. It was an exciting looking room; colors splashing here and there. It always smelled like a mix of flowers and baked goods, which made it seem more like home with our parents. Nick and I had moved away about two years ago; Our youngest brother visiting every two weeks. Frankie threw down a Jack and looked up with a slight grin on his face.

"So, what'd you guys do today?" He asked us out of the blue. It didn't seem like he really cared, but Nick answered him anyway.

"We were down at the museum again."

"And I met a girl." I interjected, suddenly. I had this problem where I'd say anything that was on my mind. It made me look stupid in cases like this one, but I was normally quiet anyway. They both stopped playing and looked at me. I shrugged, "Just saying."

"Um, Joe it's your go."

"Oh." I said and laid my highest card. I was losing, like always.

"So," Nick started to say after some time had passed. "What's her name?" I looked at him quizzically. The conversation had already slipped my mind.

"Oh, uh, Demi." I said once I understood. "She was pretty cool. An awesome singer, too."

"Pretty cool, eh?" Frankie nudged me. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"I barely know her, guys. It's not even like that." A smug look appeared upon Nick's face.

"Was she hot?" There was one thing I did like about Nick: he was crazy when it came to girls

"Was she hot?" There was one thing I did like about Nick: he was crazy when it came to girls. Whenever a girl came up in a conversation, Nick's nerdy side completely vanished. Girls were the only thing that made him seem like a normal guy.

I remembered the flawlessness of Demi's gorgeous body. She was bigger in the RIGHT places instead of in the wrong ones. Her tiny waist made her look like she was sculpted into perfection. And her eyes-

My mouth went dry. I quickly came back to reality,

"Extremely." I said, dazed. They laughed at me.

"Did you at least get her number?" I clenched my jaw at my own stupidity. 'I'll See you around' was not going to get me anywhere. I shook my head, no. They groaned.

"Aw, Joe.."

"Dude!" Frankie added. "How are you gonna meet her again?" I thought a little. Demi seemed like the type that loved music, not like Nick did, but close. I figured that if she were anything like Nick, she'd keep coming back.

"I'll go to the museum again." Nick played a Red King.

"But, how do you know she'll be there?"

"Well," Frankie said before I could reply, "If he played his cards right," he dropped his last card, "she'll come back. I'm out." Nick cursed under his breath. He'd beaten everyone but Frankie. I laughed.

JJDL

*****Hey guys, thanks for sticking it out until the second chapter! I've noticed that a lot of people give up on most stories by the end of the first, so I appreciate you continuing your read! I just wanted to share with you all that I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and guesses on what is going to happen next. I do have most of this story already completed for you guys, but I love hearing what you would like to see and making changes! So leave your comments! I wanna know your ideas! Be sure to follow me for more updates on this story. It has a lot of parts because there are SO MANY twists and turns, I have to break it up to keep it suspenseful. Nevertheless, I really do love all of my readers and followers on YouTube as well as on here. Enjoy the read guys! And again, COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! Thanks :)*****