Chapter Fifty-eight - "Crippling."

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Fifty-eight

'Crippling.'

Nick's POV

My heart was in my feet. My eyes were blurred with a wet fog that never ceased to disrupt my vision. My hands were shaking, my knees were buckling, my throat was dry.

Every breath was crippling.

"I can't take this," I whispered, kneeling before the hospital bed. I wrapped my fingers around its railing, hinging myself forward as my tears tapped onto the floor in a free-fall.

The firm grip of my brother's hand encased my shoulder.

"Nick," he said, his voice barely audible through my internal suffocation of emotions, "it's late. You need to rest."

"No," I said back quickly, pushing myself up so that I could finally stand. "She needs me." I heard my brother sigh as my eyes scanned over the love of my life lying in that bed; motionless.

"It's been two days-,"

"I don't care!" I yelled, turning around to face him. When I did this, his entire facial expression transformed from frustration to pity. I must've looked as miserable as I felt, if not much worse. "I don't care if she doesn't love me, Joe, okay; I love her. And I have to stay."

Joe crossed his arms.

"Nick, the doctor already said that she-,"

"If this were Demi," I said, forcing an enraged stare deeply into Joe's eyes, "you would do the same."

Joe's eyes narrowed then, and immediately I knew he understood.

"Okay," he nodded, holding my stare. "I'll let the nurses know you're staying another night." I turned away from him and looked back down at her, wondering how it was possible to miss her so badly, even though she was right there in front of me.
"Just promise me you'll get some sleep," I heard Joe say from behind me. I decided to ignore him, keeping my eyes on Selena even after his footsteps had faded.

JJDL

-----

Here's a brief update since its been so long since I've posted. Sorry guys, I've been really busy BUT I MET DEMI A FEW DAYS AGO AND OMG SHES SO GORGEOUS AND SO NICE !!!