Chapter Thirty-nine- "A Different Point of View"

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Thirty-nine

'A Different Point of View'

Scene...

1 Year, 5 Months & 16 Days EARLIER

Demi's POV

I stepped off of the plane after my brief forty-five minute flight from Sacramento to LA, my heart pounding with excitement to see my best friend. It had been about a year since I'd seen Selena, so I was absolutely more than ecstatic to be staying with her for the entire week of spring break. I could only imagine just how fun our week would be together, and all of the new experiences we would have.

The second I saw that long brunette hair, that pointy chin and that bright smile, I went running!

"Selena!" I yelled, wrapping her in a hug the second I was close enough.

"Demi!" She smiled, hugging me back. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." My sprint had left me gasping, some of her hair getting caught in my mouth. I stepped back and laughed.

"Nice bangs!" Selena said, taking her hand and flicking it through the wisps of hair flattened across my forehead; nearly knocking the sunglasses right off of my head. I smirked at her sarcasm and crossed my arms.

"Nice boobs." I gestured toward her flat chest. I raised an eyebrow at her, and she scoffed, a smile playing on her lips.

"Same old Demi," she said, grinning.

"Who else did you expect?" Selena grabbed my duffel that was hanging at my side, and began to head toward her car that was parked outside the terminal

"Who else did you expect?" Selena grabbed my duffel that was hanging at my side, and began to head toward her car that was parked outside the terminal. I hopped into the passenger seat, fiddling with her radio stations as she tossed the bag in the trunk. In a matter of seconds she had appeared beside me, closing the door and starting up her car.

"We're gonna have so much fun, Dem. There's so much I have to tell you, and so much I have planned! I even got us these." She reached into the console between the two of us, and pulled out two reflective cards. I took them into my hands, examining them quickly,

"Fake IDs?" I asked as the car began to move.

"Yep," she grinned. "There's this awesome party after the football game at the high school tonight, and some of the seniors are bringing drinks."

"Drinks at a high school?" I asked, confused. I wasn't sure that was something that anyone could pull off.

"Relax, Dem," Selena said as she flicked on the turn signal. Her eyes remained on the road as she spoke. "No one that works at the school actually knows about it. They do this every spring break. Some seniors break into the gym and throw a huge blow out. But we have to have IDs. Everyone has a fake in case cops ever come."