Chapter 4

Sam's POV
Thursday December 17, 2015

Two Weeks Later

Overall it's been pretty cool here. We were deployed to Iraq last week. Tony and I have been really close with each other. D.I James ranked me up to staff sergeant. By this time I was a pretty badass sniper.

I walked to the office and saw Tony and some boys playing video games. While some other guys were taking the challenge to wrestle each other, some rock was playing aloud.

" Hey boys, what'd you up to." I said walking inside.

"Ah hey Sam. What's up." One of the boys said.

" Nothin really. Listen up, y'all better not get lazy today." I said.

They all looked at me confused. I looked back.

"You'll see what I mean."

I walked over to the boys who were wrestling. I watched them as others cheered and hollered.

"I'm willin' to take the challenge." I said out of the blue.

The boys stopped in their tracks and looked at me.

"What, I am."

One of the boys, Chris, from the crowd came out. He positioned himself in a stance.

"Lets see about that." He said.

I positioned myself.

"Aw yeah. Lets get this on."

We ran into each other and wrestled. He threw me to the ground. He wasn't much bigger than me like Tony was. He ran towards me. He reached for my legs but failed. I grappled him and gave him a judo throw.

The guys started laughing at Chris. He got up and wobbled around. I gave him a nose bleed.

"Alright alright, get yer nose cleaned up. I told you I ain't someone you fool around with." I went to a quiet room and took my phone out.

Kate's POV

I sat here at a diner with Sam's mom Terry , Chandler, and his mom Gina. Of course he had to bring along his new girlfriend. We came here to talk and to grab a quick bite.

I didn't wanna eat anything since Sam left. It's been almost three weeks and nothing. Chandler was quiet and he was sitting across from me.

Our food came and the waiter gave me my plate. Why did I even order something. I just dabbed my food with a fork with a frown on my face.

Gina and Terry were too busy talking to realize. Chandler noticed and looked at me with sincere. He took out his phone. I got a message from him.

C: Hey u ok?

I texted back.

K: Yeah, just miss Sam is all. It's been a little while and we haven't made any contact at all, we sent her a couple of letters and stuff too :/

C: Things will change for the better. I hate to say it but it doesn't worry me anymore.

K: What?

C: Im just sick and tired of all this. And u know the whole situation with Sam, I don't care about it anymore, honesty. I've moved on from it.

K: Um ok?

C: Lemme stop texting Brianna's all over me.

I shut my phone and began to eat. I sat there quiet watching Brianna and Chandler snuggling around with each other.

My phone started to vibrate once again. Some number was calling me. I answered.

"Hello?" I said.

" Anybody there?" I asked again.

"Hello?" Holy shit it was Sam!

"Oh my gosh Sam!" Everyone's eyes shot at me.

" Howdy y'all ." She said happily.

"Guys it's Sam on the phone! Chandler!" I said excitedly.

Chandler just shrugged his shoulders. Wow he really didn't care, screw him.

"Kate, ya there? Reception is bad and I ain't gon' be able to talk for too long now. Listen did ya get the mail?" She said.

"Oh? I haven't checked the mail lately. I'll have to check later when I get home." I put Sam on speaker.

"Where are ya? Where's mom?"

"I'm here at the diner with your mom and the gang."

" Oh really? You savin' me some food?" Sam laughed.

"No, here talk to your mom." I handed Terry the phone.

Terry grabbed the phone and she began talking. Brianna became more clingy with Chandler, ugh. She was way too clingy that Chandler even told her to back up a bit. Wow.

He seemed like he wanted to talk to her. Hell he's not gonna, I'm sure she doesn't wanna hear from him.

Gina decided to say hi as well. Terry started to cry a little and she gave me the phone back.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey how's Eliana?"

"We visited her a couple a days ago. She's doing fine."

"Great to hear that. And uh, how 'bout Chandler? What's he doin? He doin' okay...?" 

"Oh he's uh he's okay, he's here with 'someone' else." Chandler looked at me, knowing that Sam asked about him.

He frowned.

"O-oh. Ok. So I met this real nice guy named Tony."

"Oooooo is Tony hot?" I said loud enough for Chandler to hear. He looked up at me again and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Girl hell yeah! Pretty muscular too."

"Nice catch. How old?"

"22."

"Sweet."

"Hey uh listen I gotta go. I'll call when I ain't busy with only boys."

"Okay bye, please call soon."

"Yeah no problem, bye bye."