Chapter 21

Sam's POV
Friday December 30, 2015

Tonight was the night I leave back to Iraq. It was about 8 at night and I leave at around 10ish.

I walked to my drawers and leaned on qit. I closed my eyes and sighed and stayed that way for a while.

I opened them back up and looked in the mirror. All I saw was a broken woman, filled with so much hatred and anger.

Tears brimmed my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and tightly closed my eyes, holding them back. I turned around and grabbed my towel. Then I walked to the bathroom and got undressed.

I stepped in the tub, turning on hot water.

"Ah that's nice..." I whisper.

It was freezing in the house. The touch of heat felt amazing.

After about ten minutes I stepped out and dried myself. I then walked out.

I walked into mom. Just great.

"Sam honey..." She said grabbing my arm.

I pulled away and brushed past her. I shouldn't be this way with her, today might be the last time I'll ever see mom again. I did see Eli earlier today, but she was mad at me for the way I acted last time. So we didn't talk.

I put my undergarments on and then put on some pjs. I didn't need to put on uniform now. I hung the towel up and sat down on the bed.

I then got back up, opened up my window and sat on the roof. I didn't care how cold it was, might as well enjoy it before I leave to the boiling hot desert.

I sat there for a while and leaned my head back against the wall.

I thought to myself.

This may be your chance to get away from everyone. This could be your chance to end it all and not deal with anyone or anything.

Wait, no no no. I shook my head at that thought. I don't wanna become suicidal.

There was some knocking on the door. I just sat there and ignored it, admiring the beautiful winter sky.

"Sam?"

It didn't sound like mom. I think I'm home alone.

"Sam you there?"

The knocks got louder and harder. I went through the window and closed it. I opened the door and saw Chandler standing there.

"Oh h-howdy there." I said chuckling.

He waved. "H-Hey there. How're you doing?" He walked inside.

This was awkward.

"Uh fine, l-listen sit down." I sat on my bed and he sat next to me.

"What in the world was that last night...?" I asked quietly.

"The kiss? Uhh.... I-I don't know. It was just the heat of the moment I-I guess."

We stared at each other for a while. Chandler sat closer to the point where our shoulders were touching.

"You wanna do something...?" He asked.

"I ain't sure. What'd ya have in mind...?" I spoke lowly.

Chandler's fingers slipped onto my hand.

"I-I just thought we should..." He trailed off.

He leaned in and we kissed again. This time it was a bit more heated than yesterday.

He places his hand on my cheek and laid me down on the bed. I opened my eye and peeped at the clock on my night stand.