Chapter 12

Sam's POV
Friday December 23, 2015

"He raped me."

Katelyn looked at me with shock and sadness. She put her hands over her mouth that hung open.

"Oh my God. Samantha I'm so sorry. But we need to tell the police. I'm gonna have to ca-"

"No Kate please. I ain't even supposed to tell you this. If Tony finds out that I told ya, he'll hurt me..."

She put on her thinking face.

"Can I at least tell Chandler?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know anymore.

"You ain't gon' be able to do that." I wiped my tears and sat up.

"Want me to call him now and tell him?"

I nodded no.

"P-Please help me Kate. I'm desperate. Help me get away from him." I begged as I began crying again.

"Sam, your wrists." She grabbed my hands.

Kate looked at the time and frowned.

"Samantha I'm sorry, I have to get to work. I'll be back tomorrow." She said with guilt.

I nodded as she gave me a tight hug.

"Don't cry anymore, okay?"

"Okay."

***********

It was almost sunset, so I decidedly to get fresh air and go to the meadow. After a few minutes of walking, I arrived and sat down on the grass.

I sighed. My phone vibrated, it was Tony. Oh hell.

He only sent me a text.

Hey. Where are you. I need to speak with you.

I ignored the text and turned my phone off. I watched the sunset.

It was beautiful, reminded me of my childhood before it went to complete shit.

"Sam, you alright...?" Someone said behind me.

I turned around. It was him.

"What'd ya want Chandler." I turned back around.

He came up to me and sat down. What the hell does he want.

"Katelyn told me what happened... I wanted to know how you are is all. But really though, how are you feeling..." He sat closer to me.

"I thought you hated me Chandler, ain't that what you said?" I said as I hid my face.

He sighed and looked away in defeat.

"Despite everything, just for now, I don't think anyone deserves to be raped. Not even you, when I heard the news I felt extreme pity. Why hasn't this been notified to the cops Sam. Don't let Tony get away with it." He said lifting up my chin, getting close.

I gently grabbed his hand that was on my face. He raised an eyebrow. I pushed it away.

"H-He said I'm gon' regret it big time if I told anybody. I don't wanna get hurt, again."

Chandler looked at me with sincerity.

"He won't, I'll make sure of that. By the way, about the other day. I'm so sorry for acting the way I did. It was completely unnecessary because I know you didn't do anything. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean we're a-ok with each other..." He said.

I nodded at the last part.

"So uhh, when're you going back? You know, back to Iraq?" Chandler asked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"On New Year's Day. I don't wanna go. Not with Tony." I said hiding my face again.

Chandler sighed.

I began to cry again, why do I keep crying.

Chandler rubbed my back.

"Just let it out Sam." He said softly.

I kept on for a little more and then stopped. I wiped my eyes and sat up.

"Thanks boy, that helped."

Chandler nodded and stood up. He held his hand out to help me. I accepted and stood up.

"Again, thank you."

"No problem."