Chapter 19

Sam's POV
Wednesday December 28, 2015

I stayed up here locked in my room to stay away from dad. I was home alone with him while mom was at work.

Ever since she left, he's been aggressive with me. Verbally and physically. I want to run away but I can't. If only mom would believe me.

He came up hourly pounding on the door, telling me to get out of the room. That's not happening. After a while, he stopped and left the house.

I left my room to get a snack from the kitchen. I got a pop tart and started walking around the house.

I ended up walking to mom's room while eating and looked around for no reason.

Old photos of my dad and I when I was younger. Mom's jewelry and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't really matter. Then I saw something I didn't wanna see.

Condoms.

"Ew what the fuck?" I swore under my breath.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. The thought of mom and dad doing THAT was disturbing.

Being the nosey kid I am, I continued to look around until I found something else.

Pregnancy tests and pills.

I widened my eyes and clenched my jaw. My mom is gonna be fucking pregnant, with him!?

Tears brimmed my eyes in anger as I took the tests and pills. I'm gonna confront her later when she gets home.

I grabbed my phone and called Kate.

"Hello?"

"Katelyn I can't with this family anymore."

"What happened...?"

"My mother is fuckin' PREGNANT! With my father!" I raised my voice.

"Samantha you should calm down."

"How can the fuck can I calm down!? A baby Katelyn, a fuckin' baby!"

"If your gonna act like this with me Samantha then there's gonna be a problem." She threatened.

"What the hell, all I'm askin' for is for help!"

"That's all you ever want! I can't fucking deal with it anymore! I can't deal with your shit all the time. I can't deal with you anymore! We're fucking done! Fuck you!" Kate yelled.

"Katelyn I'm only tryin' to-" She hung up on me.

I cried out and threw the phone across the room.

My fist ended up in the wall. I just lost my best friend. All because of me. This is my fault. I'm such a fucking idiot.

I lost everything.

Time skip

I laid on my bed, just waking up from a nap. I looked out the window and saw mom's car in the driveway. Finally.

I grabbed the pills and walked downstairs to see dad knocked out on the couch. Mom wasn't in the house.

I walked downstairs and saw her in the basement looking around.

I walked and and she saw me. I had the pills in my hands and she looked at them, her face filling with regret.

"There... something you need to tell me..?" I said stopping in my tracks.

"That I'm pregnant." She quietly said.

"Oh are you?" I held up the pills.

"They didn't work. Yell if you want. Scream if you have to. Talk to me."

I gave her an 'Are you serious' look and walked up to her.

"How long have you known." I said clenching my jaw.

"Does that even matter?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Coulda been days, weeks, and you didn't mention anythin' to me?"

"I'm telling you now-"

"No! So nobody knows right? Instead of comin' to me 'bout this, you went on and got pills!?"

"You were saying that we had-"

"Do NOT put this on me! You rip into me for keepin' secrets when you've been hidin' this!?" I yelled.

"I thought it would be a better start for us Samantha!"

"How can you think like that!?"

"This is why I didn't wanna tell you..." Mom whispered.

I spike normally. "I just still don't understand why."

"So that'll be my problem and it'll be on me, not you. Not with what your putting up with."

"That may be true but I can't live like this anymore... Mother."

"I can't live with secrets bein' kept even though they're supposed to be told. I ain't able to do that anymore. Now is there anythin' else I should know about..." I asked quietly.

Mom nodded her head no.

"Can't believe this..." I whispered and walked away.