Chapter 15

Sam's POV
Sunday December 25, 2015

They released me from hospital this morning. Instead of going straight home, I went to the hospital Eliana was in. I went in and walked to her room.

I walked in the room and she was asleep. I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the side of the bed.

She had no hair. She was too skinny, she looked like she had anorexia. She was slowly breathing and had tubes in her nose.

I grabbed her hand and held back my tears. She moved a bit and opened her eyes.

"Darlin' your awake finally..." I whispered.

"Merry Christmas darlin'." I whispered again.

I guess Eli didn't realize who was holding her hand. When she did, eyes went wide and hugs were given.

"Y-Your back! When did you come?"

"Oh 'bout two days ago."

She examined my face and caressed one of my stitched up cuts.

"What happened to your face hun..?" She asked.

"Tony... H-He uh..."

"C'mon Sammy, tell me what went down."

"Tony raped me.... H-He told me that I reckon I tell none 'bout what happened. I spoke up to Kate, he found out and gave me a good ol' beatin'." I explained getting teary eyed.

"Samantha you oughta tell the cops 'bout this."

"I-I know I did already. They've been interrogatin' me when I was in the hospital. Tony is hidin' away but he knows I told the cops. So now he ain't gon' let me off the hook with it." I explained.

"That means you have to watch your back now Sam. He's dangerous."

I nodded and stared into space.

"So uh, have you gotten the money for the surgery?" I asked.

"Uhh-umm. See here that's the thing Sam."

I sat up quickly and looked at her.

"What is it." I said sternly

"We gotta come up with the money Samantha. You know that."

I stood up, pissed off.

"Uh I'm sorry. Last time I checked, you got money after my first week of bein' in that goddam hell hole was over. I went to go put myself on the line to make sure you got money for surgery. And now yer tellin' me you need to come up with the money!?" I raised my voice.

"I-I know Samantha but mom and I agreed on somethin' a couple a days ago. We were gonna tell you when you were officially done with your time but you came ear-"

"Mhm okay so mom had somethin' to do with this huh?

"Samantha take it down a couple of notches."

I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Fuck no I ain't gon' take it down a few notches! I'm outta here!"

I stormed out, instantly regretting how I yelled at her.

I was driving home and rubbed my temples. So basically Eliana was telling me that she and mom agreed to spend it on something, or someone else.

I have an idea on what's so important to Eli and mom that needs a lot of money getting out from where he belongs. I shook my head in doubt of the thought and kept driving,

I came home and saw that mom's car is in the driveway. Good, I'd love to talk with her.

I bolted out of the car and walked inside.

Someone was sitting on the couch, next to mom. I widen my eyes and my mouth hung open. I wanted to die right then and there. Things just got wayyy worse.

"You."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omfg guys I'm soo sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been so stressed because of what's been happening at home.

Btw if you guys have actually read the first book and held on to one very important little detail, can you tell me who it is that Sam sees?