Chapter One- WHAT!?

Dick's POV

 "It's not safe here!!"Batman said madly. "Do you really believe I care?" I said with resistance. "Well...yes, because if you cared you will leave with Captain Marvel to somewhere safe and let me stay here and fight crime, do you understand?"

"But.."

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"

"Yes."

    Earlier today I was celebrating my fourteen birthday and one of my presents was being sent away to a place which I don't even know, with this guy who is my "protester", has Bats even heard of stranger danger? But I digress. Batman says I should pack a years worth of stuff and some memorable items. One memorable item I wish I could pack is Batman, but he says it's not safe here. What does that suppose to mean? The only thing that is harmful in Gotham is the Joker. So why does he want to leave? But I will go,so I can make him happy. 

      I packed my items, which took way too long . But during that long period of time I pondered who is this Captain Marvel and where is taking me? Only time will tell, after all of this packing.  

   "All done" I say amazed at of how much I have packed. "Well done, master Grayson." says Alfred, walking into my bedroom.

"Goodbye" I said teary-eyed

"This is not a goodbye, more like a farewell" he said while giving me a big "farewell" hug

     I will always remember Alfred because he like my second father while Batman was away  fighting crime. We would always seek into the bat-cave and play around with his gadgets and gizmos, and sometimes he would pretend to be the Joker and I would be the Batman. I will always cherish those memories.

"The place your going to is huge birthday present" Alfred said cheerfully 

"What" I said curiously 

"Alfred, please tell me where I will be going, this could be my birthday from you."

" I wish I could tell you, but I can't"

"Why Alfred"

"The only thing I can tell you is that it runs in the family."

     "Are you ready" Captain Marvel said joyfully. I finished my conversation with Alfred and I decided to ask the Captain some questions.

"I am ready, but where am I going?"

"For me to now and for you to find out."

"So what are you to me, a protector, a parent, a.."

"More like a guardian angel, like Hagrid from that one movi..."

"What about Batman or Alfred?"

"They will be fine."

"What if something happens to them?"

"Richard John Grayson they will be completely safe and you will be as well so I will ask one more time,  are you ready!?"

    I nodded yes, and grabbed my things and went to the front door. Batman was waiting for me and I smiled and gave him a big hug . 

"Goodbye for now" Batman said

"More like a Farewell." Alfred interrupted

    I grabbed my things and followed Captain Marvel to this mysterious motorcycle. He told me to get in and this was really the only way to get where we were going with me and all of my stuff. I got in on the passenger side and held all of my things, which was a lot. Then suddenly after Captain got in, the motorcycle started to fly. All of these thoughts went through my head like Where am I going, Why am I going, Is Captain Marvel Magical, and will this "experience" be an aster?

Author's Note: I can't wait to continue this story!! YAYYY. I promise we will meet more characters in the next chapter *Coughs Wally* and it won't be as depressing. ;)