Chapter Six- Quidditch Tryouts

Wally's POV 

      Okay one day down 364 day to go. Oh and I still haven't found a girl to win Dick's challenge, best my luck. But when I woke up to see the stupids boy's face. It was happier than usual

"Why are you so happy, we still have a long way to go till the end of the year."

"No, it's not that, Kaldur told me that there are quidditch tryouts to day.

"Wait, what's quidditch?"

"I don't really know, but it's a sport at Hogwarts and any sport I am willing to tryout. And I also hear we get to miss our first two classes, if we tryout."

"Oh, I am so trying out." No transfiguration, yes, and also no Klarion, that boy scares me sometimes.

      When we got to the dinning hall and sat down at our tables. The professor started to announce something. "Silence, I have couple things to say before we chow down. So first off there are quidditch tryouts today, since you guys are first years I will tell you a little about the sport. The goal is score the most points, you can score goals but there's one position that is most the most important to the game, which is the seeker and there is a small flying golden ball which is the golden snitch that flies around the stadium, the seeker's goal is try to find it and if the seeker finds it the game is over and that team wins. So if you guys are interested, meet Oliver Wood outside of the dinning hall after breakfast. So now you can eat!"

        Wow that was a lot said and that was a lot of things I didn't pay attention to.

"Wow, very interesting sport, uh?" Dick said while giving that look your parents give when they know you didn't pay any attention whatsoever.

"What, oh yeah super interesting." I said with sarcasm and a little laugh, still staring at my food.

"I think I will try for seeker." He said while his hands are on his hips, with his back straight and staring at the sky, which is at nothing or the floating candles.

"I know I am not because I have to wear.... Glasses." I said while holding my breath and admitting what I just said.

"Oh, we have a nerd a the table." He definitely said that louder that he should have.

"Okay shut up and eat bird brain before I start yelling out your secrets."

        When we finished eating, we went outside of the dinning to see Oliver Wood. He greeted us then walked us to the Quidditch fields." Hello I am Oliver Wood and I am the Quidditch coach, so, wow there are a lot of people!" There really was like over 50 kids." So, over there on the wall there is a piece of paper that describes each of the positions, well you know yourself better than I do, so go pick..." I could tell he was a first time coach, just by the way he speaks. But after he ended all of the kids that were there were sprinting to that one piece of paper. Everyone was pushing and shoving to get there. Ahh it was bad. But finally I made it to the front and found the position I wanted to be placed in." Okay, keeper nope, seeker defiantly not, Hmm I like the sound of being a chaser." "Do you always talk to talk to yourself." I was curious on who it was. So I turned around to see this blonde haired, grey eyed girl. The same girl who was late to potions class and the first girl who got sorted into their house as well

"Um, yeah, and isn't your name Artemis?"

"One, that is really off topic but how do you know."

"I have sources, also known as potions class."

"Ah, so your the guy Klarion hates."

"I guessing he talks about me a lot."

"Yeah, about how stupid you are and now I can see why, with you always talking to yourself."

"Well, why do you care, it's not your business. And I will have you know that I'm not stup..." She cut me off before I can finish the rest of what I was going to say.

"Um, it becomes everyone's business when you're louder than a blow horn."

      But before I can say anything, Oliver called all us out to the field.

"See you on the field, baywatch." Artemis replied. All I gave was a dirty look.

"Alright, so how are going to the team? Well, just be the best in your position. So first game is Slytherin and Griffindor. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are going to sit out for right know." The two other teams went to go sit on the bench, my goal is to make The team and forget about that blonde chick. Then Oliver gave us our brooms and he taught us how to mount and to ride a broom which is really easy. Finally as both teams were in the air the match begun.

      The snitch was resealed, then war began. Everyone was scrabbled and it was madness. Dick was the only normal and bravest person to be the seeker. I don't why? But I don't need to be focused on Dick, I need to focus on my life and try not to die.

       The match was going on for good 20 minutes and Gryffindor was wining and I scored some good points too. But when things started to get good they went down hill.

      So I was minding own business, by scoring another goal, not caring about the outside life, like I always do. And then I thought of plan to throw the ball to this guy named Mal (who was closer to the goal) and he would score the goal. I followed though the plan and threw the ball to Mal. But right after I threw the ball to Mal, this fast, really uncontrollable ball starts flying to my broom and the ball breaks my broom and I start falling toward the ground. And that is all I can remember

       I open my eyes and I can see I am in some sort of infirmary." Uh, what happened?" I saw Dick in his robes again and he looked worried.

"Well, this bludger came at you and broke your broom."

"Is he awake?" I heard a voice coming from the entrance and turned to Artemis

"Why are you here?" I asked with a rude tone

"Hey, at least I came to check up on you!" She said venom in her voice

"I bet you did this on purpose!" I said while giving this evil side glare

"I will have you know that...." She said that with so much anger, I was surprised what was in her. But after said that she walked out without another word.