Chapter Seventeen- A Little Longer Greeny

Megan's POV

                                                                      Yule Ball night.

     I held Conner's hand, tightly, while we were walking into the safe. The one place I'm afraid. Of course, Conner doesn't know that. May never will. I suddenly heard footprints coming closer to Conner and me.Kaldur, he came and gripped his shoulder and whispered into his ear. Conner shot me a look, concerning. Just a few minutes ago Wally, Artemis, and Dick were just by our sides. Now I'm here,  nearly on the verge of tears. Sacred, no mortified. Of what happened to my new friends and what may happen in the upcoming future.

     "One step closer to home." Conner kissed my cheek and made me remember the "good ole' days".  He told me that exact same sentence four months ago.

     I remember Conner and I met in Juvy. A help circle that is. The look in his eye and even his breathing seemed so calm. I sometimes wondered when the storm will hit. We chat sometimes in the cafeteria, just small talk. They called us both of us down to the office and giving us letters to Hogwarts. I flipped a tiny bit, nothing more. Though I was nervous and Conner...He was there for me when no one else was. My uncle abandoned, once I got into Juvy and he was my foster dad. I don't actually know my parents. Neither does Conner. So when got to Hogwarts, we made an oath. That no matter what we will be each other's life vest. That friendship later turned into something much, much more. 

     "You'll be fine," Conner whispered slowly. "We're going to be in a confined space for just a little while." Did he know? I shot him a glance knowing if he knew.

     "Do you kno-" I didn't know what else to say. Other than the fact I hinted at my worst fear, and we were walking right towards it.

     "I have always known..." He was silent for a few seconds  "I'm as afraid as you. I get it, and not many people understand. So don't every be afraid to tell me the truth. If you don't, I'll let it be. But we are in a war. So always be truthful, when everyone is telling a pit of lies." 

     I was breathless, wordless.

     Before I could even comprehend the words. We came upon a picture frame. A password was said, and we went t in. I wasn't breathing. Hyperventilating. Light-headed. I then felt arms around my waist. Conner's blue-blue eyes looked in my boring brown ones. But I calmed dramatically. I let a loose breath. 

     The room had many little beds, two huge fireplaces at either end of the room, and tables for eating, playing cards, whatever we can do to entertain ourselves. Conner, Kaldur, and I found three beds in a row next to each other. Once we were situated. Us three found a couple kids playing-wizard-poker. It didn't take long for the guys to get used to the different feel to an American card game. I sat out to enjoy the view. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     "Final score Finn: $55. Conner: $102." Kaldur said. Then we were reported to bed. The guardians wanted the money they "earned". Finn gave up his. But Conner put a glamor on an innocent napkin to make it look like the money. It was probably better if he kept the money.

     I put my head down on my bed thinking where Dick, Wally, and Artemis were. Panicking almost. A dream of uncertainty, mix feelings, and even death. These dreams were no longer about the missing three. More about the imprison part of my life. I finally heard something moving on the ground. Metal against the stone. I felt a warm presence, and an arm around my waist. I looked behind to see Conner. I never knew I was crying, he wiped the tear from my cheek and the incoming one from the other eye. Conner kissed my head, just touching my neck. He pulled his blanket on me, and I finally faced him. Our breaths in unison, and heartbeats.

     "It's going to be okay, you hear me right?" He touched my cheek "Repeat it back to me...please. To hopefully comfort me as well." I never knew he needed comforting. He was to be the brooding guy that no one likes. But I somehow love. 

     "We're going to be okay," I said, still kinda sobbing.

     "We?" Conner pulled me closer to his chest. I instantly felt better.

     "Promise me, we will survive this together. Injuries and all."

      Conner then placed a small kiss upon lips, and whispered upon them."Injuries and all." My pale freckled skin reddened a little. "We just have to be like this for a little longer. A little longer greeny."

     "Greeny?" It was my turn to question.

     "You don't think I don't notice your green thumb. You plant-loving peep."

     "Peep?"I lifted a brow upon that ridiculous nickname.

      "I couldn't think anything," he was quiet for a moment. "Can we just sleep. Let's find pleasure within this war."

     "Yes, you little...peep," we both laughed, and fell asleep within each other's longing touch, and blissful breaths.

A/N: Sup, everybody. I hoped you liked this cute little flick with the fist two lovebirds of the show. I'm truly sorry for not being here. I'm a high school student, it's hard!!! But I'm already starting to plan the next chapter and keep dreaming!!!