Chapter 1 : Finally, Senior Year

There's the book cover!!! Hope ya like!! ;D >>>>>>>>>>

********************

Chapter 1 : Finally, Senior Year

Clarity's POV

I woke up on a cold September morning. I opened my eyes with tiredness from the night before. I looked at the rippled calendar hanging on the dry wall. Today's the 7th of September? Oh crap, I have school today. Ugh, why today?

"CLARITY! TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL NOW!"

"OK OK! I'M UP!"

I rubbed my eyes and stood up. That's my annoying Mom. We never get along. We're always on the opposite page. I rush to brush my teeth and threw on dark black jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a leather jacket, and slipped on my new pair of black converse. I ran out the door and saw the bus almost passing by my driveway until I ran faster. The bus driver must have noticed and stopped. I quickly stepped in.

"Good morning. First day of school."

The bus driver formed a big fake smile that stretched further than her eyes.

I didn't say anything and kept walking. I heard the door close and what? She didn't even wait for me to sit down. She started driving as I quickly chose a random seat. I mind my own business as I put earphones in my ears. Blasting Simple Plan on my iTouch. We finally got to Royal Rock High School.

The only thing I wish is to hurry up and graduate. I hate high school. Everything about it makes me hate it more. Teachers pretend to be nice the first day. There are "I'm-too-cool-for-you" cliques that hog the hallways. There are the groups that everyone calls weird. They are either goth or join ROTC. There are the special education students that walk around talking to themselves or to their other specially challenged friends. Other students give disgusting, weird faces and try to avoid them. There are average students here and there. And then, you have me. I really don't care what you think about me. Go ahead. Call me a freak. I wear all black and listen to rock and rap. No, I'm not emo. I just like the color black. It just suits my mood color for now. I have my own style and don't follow the crowds. I listen to my own instincts.

I walked to the main commons where students were lining up to receive their schedules.

"What's your name?" A lady with red hair and glasses that had lens twice as big as her eyes said.

"Clarity Rainstone."

"R, R, R..." Her hand slips out a paper. "Here you go. You have a pretty name."

I grab the paper. Her smile creeps me. I said monotonely "Um, thanks." I walked to my locker listed on my schedule. I spin the locker combination once and nailed it. I closed my locker.

"Hi Clarity!"

I looked to my left. "Oh hey Joslyn. Sup?"

"Nothing much. So this is where your locker's at?"

"Mhm-huh. Yours?"

"Over there." She pointed to the far end.

"Ok I see." We started walking forward. I let out a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Heck yeah. Didn't get much sleep."

"Hey gotta go to my class. Later?"

"Later."

Lunch started as I walked in the cafeteria getting my lunch in the line. I saw Joslyn sitting by herself in a table in the corner. I sat down.

"Hey."

Joslyn looked up. "Oh hey."

"What's wrong? You seem down."

She sighed. "Well, it's just...I've been waiting for my dad to buy me a car since my 18th birthday, but he can never keep his promise."

"I'm sure it'll come around."

"He's too busy worrying about his work. He doesn't have time to spend with my family and me anymore. He's always away for business trips."

"Oh...I'm sorry."

She chuckled. "You don't have to be, Clarity. So what's up? How was your summer? It's been a while since we talked."

"Ehh, not much." I let out a laugh.

I heard laughters coming from the opposite corner of us.

"What the hell? Could they be any louder?"

Joslyn took a peek at them. She quickly turned her face back to me. Her eyes widen.

"Joslyn? What is it?"

"The people you were t-talking about are the most dangerous bad boys in school."

"Putting 'dangerous' in front of everything doesn't necessarily make it dangerous, Joslyn."

"No, I mean..."

"Yeah yeah I already know. Rumors are always passed around that they kill anyone that pisses them off. They don't hesitate to kill blah blah blah. Ok I get it. May not be true anyways."

"Are you serious?!"

"Just because they dress like they're tough, doesn't mean they are."

"Look at yourself."

"What? I like my style. I wear what I feel like."

Joslyn chuckled "Ok, Miss I'm-So-Tough."

"Shut up Jock-Wannabe."

We both bursted out a laugh.

"You always get me, Clarity."

I smile. "Nah. Just know how to get around. ...So what sports are you planning to join this year?"

"Um, not really sure."

"Oh, ok I see."

As lunch ended, I headed to my next class. I grabbed my book and closed my locker. I was walking and bumped into something. I didn't bother to look.

"Sorry."

"Watch where you're going."

I was confused and looked up. It looked like one of those guys who were laughing loudly at lunch today which Joslyn pointed out were dangerous.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, watch where you're f*ckin' going. Want me to repeat that to your peanut brain?"

My face grew stern with shock and anger. "Why don't you watch what you're saying, dimwit?"

He smirked out a laugh. "What a waste of time."

He passed me bumping my right shoulder. Wow. What an a**hole. Dangerous? Are you kidding me, Joslyn? More of a jerk.

Xavier's POV

I was walking as I bumped into an idiot who didn't clearly see where she was walking before she bumped into me. Gosh people these days. I entered into art class.

"Hi class. I am Mrs. Bowel. Today I will be assigning your seats."

As the teacher was boringly announcing names for seats, I looked at the paintings hanged on the wall.

I heard my name and sat down. I sighed. Why did I think of coming to school on the first day? Should've skipped. Oh well. I got bored and turned to my right. My eyes widen.

Peanut Brain?

Clarity's POV

I sat down as Mrs. Bowel were calling names for seats. I sighed as I turned to my left. I couldn't help my eyes from widening.

Dimwit?

______________________________

Thank you so much for reading! I really hope all of you enjoy reading this! This is my first story written on wattpad!! =D