Chapter 7 : Speechless

Yay! There's Joslyn! She looks so badass, huh? Haha. Look at her muscles! ;P >>>>>>>>>>

*******************

Chapter 7 : Speechless

Clarity's POV

Our eyes locked for five seconds which felt like five minutes. I shook my head as I walked up to the counter. I was next to the left of him who seem to still be standing in silence.

"Can I help you?" The office lady asked while holding the phone on her left shoulder to hold the call.

"Uh yes. Here's the attendance." I handed her the attendance sheet.

"For?" She asked with an attitude.

I cleared my throat. "Substitute for Mrs. Bowel's Art class."

"Oh ok." She took it and put the phone next to her ear and started talking. "Sorry. Yes, I understand."

She eyed me as in I should already be leaving. I scoffed. Rude office ladies. No one ever likes them. I turned around and almost forgot that I was standing in front of Dimwit and his father. Dimwit still continued to stare at me. His father happen to look at me too like I did something wrong. I broke the awkward silence. "Oh um, excuse me." I walked around them and exited the main office. I felt his eyes burning holes behind me, but I continued to sped my walk every second that passed by as if those eyes were chasing me. Why is this the second time that I run into an awkward moment with him? It's not like I mean to. I just happen to--

"Clarity!"

Hm? I looked around. I saw Joslyn walking towards me. "Oh hey Jos."

"What? I just get a 'oh hey'?"

I laughed. "Hiiii."

She chuckled. "Where'd you go before?"

"Oh, I was just turning in a substitute's attendance for my Art class. Why, you?You look like you've sweated for hours."

Joslyn laughed. "I'm still in Gym class. I just went to use the restroom."

"Ohh k I see." I smiled.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I was confused but curious.

"There's this really cool guy in my Gym class. ..."

"And?..."

"And I think I might be attracted to him."

I tilted my head. "Really?"

"Ya. He's really into sports and so am I."

"O0o haha. Name?"

"Um...well...I haven't asked him yet but--"

"How could you not know his name?!"

"Shhh!!"

"Oh, now you how to shhh, huh?"

She snickered. "You're too loud. We didn't really talk much yet."

"Oh."

"What are you talking about? You don't even know that one guy's name do you?"

"Yeah I do. It's Davis."

"No, I told you that one. I'm talking about thee other one."

"What?"

"Remember? The one you're hiding a secret from me?"

Dimwit. "Oh, no. I don't know."

"Ha! And you're teasin' me!"

"I could care less, and I'm not hiding a secret."

"You're still not gonna tell me, are you?"

"Um, I don't know."

Joslyn said looking annoyed "Look, I told you my story. Now it's your turn."

"Fine. I will."

"You better."

"Ok, well I gotta head back."

"Me too. Later."

"Yeah." I walked back to Art class.

Joslyn's POV

I walked back to my Gym class.

"Ok class! Today you have two choices: volleyball or basketball. One side is for those who wants to play volleyball and the other side is basketball. Your pick. Ok get going!!" That's Coach Rhino. Fat, rude, annoying, and expects students to be fit and healthy when he isn't either. I decided to play volleyball. We passed the volleyball back and forth. The ball got hit pretty far towards my team, and I was one of the back people. "GOT IT!" I ran backwards making room for me to see where the ball drops so I can force a hit to the other team. As I was close to pound the ball, I felt myself falling on the ground with some other weight. My eyes closed and then opened. I realized someone's arm was on my stomach. I sat up blinking.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry. We must have ran and bumped into each other at the same time."

What? I looked up. I was speechless as I finally realized who stood in front of me giving me a hand as if I needed a lift.

______________________________

What do you guys think of Joslyn? :)