Chapter 4 : Wrong Way!

Clarity's POV

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

I so do not feel like getting up. My eyes are half-awake as I force to squeeze them shut. Ugh why now. Too early.

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

"AH SHUT UP!!"

I threw a throw pillow at the stupid alarm clock.

*thump*

Good. I lay my head back on my pillow closing my eyes.

*Ding...Ding...Ding...*

You gotta be kiddin' me. I immediately got up, picked up the alarm clock, and turned off the alarm.

Darn school. I rubbed my eyes. I am so not a morning bird. I heard a knock.

"What's all the noise?!"

"Nothing! I just tripped!"

"Ok fine. Whatever."

I put my head down in tiredness. Mom. I sighed. Why must you worry about everything? I stumbled into the bathroom to get myself ready. I stare into the mirror. I notice my hair's a mess. I could care less. I usually tie it up in a lazy ponytail. I yawned and I grabbed my purple toothbrush from the cup. As I spit out toothpaste and water, I notice blood liquid came from my spit too. Why does this happen? Is it because I brush too hard? Hm, oh well. I shrugged. I walked back to my bedroom . I slipped on my dark blue flare jeans and a black t-shirt. Now the jacket. I usually get cold easily. I pull an army green color jacket with fur on the hood edge from the closet. Hm. This will do. I walked to the kitchen.

"Eat something before you go." Mom requested.

"Yeah." I said plainly. I chewed on Multi-Grain Wheat cereal in a bowl. I threw my dishes in the sink.

"You better hurry!"

"Yes, yes! I know!" I slipped on my backpack as I stepped into my converse.

"Bye!" Mom yelled.

I saw the yellow bus stopping by the driveway. Perfect. I ran.

I opened my locker. Yesterday flashed into my mind. I hope he didn't know it was me. Wait, I don't blend in with other students. Of course he's gonna know it's me. I just have to avoid--- I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"HI CLARITY!" I heard the end of my name stretch like 'deeeee'.

I turned. "Ahh Joslyn! What the f?! That was my ear!" I held my left ear that's probably killed now by her ridiculous scream. She laughed hysterically as I continued my this-is-not-funny face.

"Why are you so serious? Haha. You should've seen your FACE!" Emphasizing face, I surely didn't want mine to be seen. Ugh, why do we have to have Art together? Not only that, me sitting close to him makes me an easier target for him. I gotta hide. I pulled my hood up.

"Hm? Why are you pulling yo--"

"Shhh!" I put my index finger on my lips to indicate for her to be quiet as I crouched my head low.

She laughed jokingly. "What is it? Are you hiding?" She gasped. "From who?"

"No one! Now shhh!"

I pull my hood more inward. Joslyn followed after me.

"Well, you're on your own. I have to go to class." She began to walk away.

"No, Joslyn! Wait!" I pulled her arm.

She stumbled back. "Ah! What the heck?! I have to go!"

"Now?!"

"Um, yeah! You should too! And take your hood off! Are you stealing something?!" Joslyn pulled my hood down and walked away without a word.

"No!!" I held on to my hood. I caught weird stares towards me. Dangit. Shouldn't have been so loud. I let my hood hang down since I look stupid pretending like it was snowing or something. I saw Dimwit and his 'dangerous' posse as I silently walked away. Wait a minute. I was just thinking. Why should I feel scared? Ha. I laughed inside. Of course I'm not. I shouldn't even care. How stupid of me. Should've thought of this first. But...I feel like skipping Art. Art is my 3rd hour. I think I can go to the library in replacement. I'll just go to my other classes.

Xavier's POV

As I sat in my seat in Art class, I faced the door so I could see Peanut Brain that ruined everything yesterday. After a while, I only saw other students stepping in. Why isn't she here yet? Oh well, she'll be here. I turned around facing my table.

"Alright class! You guys can continue to work on your assignment that was given yesterday. If you guys need me, I'll be back there." Mrs. Bowel was heading to her desk.

"Mrs. Bowel?" A student asked.

"Yes?" Mrs. Bowel turned around.

"What's the next assignment that we'll be working on?"

"Oh. Painting."

"Painting? When?"

"This coming Thursday."

Some whined "Thursday? But I haven't even started with this assignment. I don't know what to do."

Mrs. Bowel asked "What? Is three days too short of a time to draw whatever you want?"

"Well, this sheet is big. We're gonna need time to draw more in detail."

"Ok. So how about Monday we start painting?"

Students said boringly "Sure."

As Art ended and I headed to Pre-Calculus next, I noticed that I didn't see her at all. I chuckled. Could she be hiding from me?

The day ended and still no sign of her. I turned right to a corner as I saw Peanut Brain.

Clarity's POV

Finally. End of school as I was walking with Joslyn to my locker. Well, thank goodness I didn't see anything...yet.

"Ha, Joslyn. You're always pulling one of your jokes."

"I know. I'm funny."

"Or you think you are."

"Hey!"

I laughed as Joslyn and I kept walking. All of a sudden when we were going to turn a corner, I saw someone in front of me. I shot my head up. My eyes widen. Oh crap. This was the stupid face I wanted to avoid all day.

"Joslyn, I think we went the wrong way."

"What are you talking about? This is the way to yo--" I guess she finally saw who was standing with their elbow leaning on the corner. "Oh."

"No, I think you're right where you are."

I felt a gulp stuck in my throat.