Chapter 14 : I Hope Friends Keep Bonds

Thanks HIndia so much for your undying love and support for my story and motivating me to continue writing! You truly have a gift for making others feel happy. I'm lucky enough to be one of them. You are such an amazing person! I can never thank you enough because I'm speechless and in awe for all you've done. I hope you have a wonderful day! =D

Hello everybody! I finally built the courage to write and upload this today! I'm very sorry that it took me a long time to update. Almost a month if I waited two days later. I've been feeling down lately, and it doesnt help that I usually get sick around Christmas time. I have also been getting trapped in writer's block (Ugh, we all hate that)! I'm very wowed and happy that all of you have been so supportive with my story! Thank you all for patiently waiting! =D

UPDATE! - 1.2.11 :

Ok! I edited this whole chapter! So for those of you who read this chapter before I edited, re-read it again! It's completely different! I changed it a lot! So get reading before you get confused! Please, please ignore what I wrote previously! I wasnt' satisfied with it so I re-wrote and fixed a lot! Thank you for reading!! =)

******************

Chapter 14 : I Hope Friends Keep Bonds

Clarity's POV

I let out a long sigh and wiped the waters that couldn't stop raining down my face like waterfalls. I forced my sobs to silence. I'm never one to cry, but when I do, it gets pretty emotional. That's why I choose to not feel much in life, but it always comes back to hit my face like bricks.

Thump. Thump.

I heard two soft knocks outside my bedroom door. My eyes opened wide.

"Clarity? Hello? .... A-are you o-ok in there?"

Shoot. Mom. I quickly sprung up to sit on my bed. My head moving away from the fluffy white pillow that absorb my tears. Ah crap. I flipped my pillow to the other side. I better wipe my tears completely away. I force a big fake smile to prepare in case she opens the door.

"I thought I heard some crying?..."

I can picture her putting her ear as close to my door to get a better hearing. "No, Mom! I wasn't! I was just...laughing at my friend's text!" What the heck? Text? Really? My face questioned in my silly lie.

"Ok, if you say so." She replied after my lame lie I came up in seconds. I heard her footsteps growing silent as it tapped away on the floor.

Whew. I stare down at my feet on the beige carpet. That was close. She didn't open the door. I put my head up as my eyes laid on something peeking out under my pillow.

Mr. Fluffy.

My face grew stern as I bend over my bed to claw in the blue teddy bear held to face in eye level. My eyebrows narrowed in anger as my lips grew into a frown. "Stupid blue bear." I whipped my arm behind my back and let go of Mr. Fluffy as it smacked the wall like a home run in a baseball game. SCORE! My face lit up in excitement which in a matter of seconds faded into a scowl.

I breathed out heavily. I looked over to where Mr. Fluffy fell. He was faced upside down as his head was glued to the floor. He almost looked like he had a frown. His dark eyes look sad. Ah, who I am kidding. Toys have no emotions. They can't feel a thing.

Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

Shut up stomach. I know you're hungry. I held my stomach and rubbed it in small circular motion a few times. I better eat something.

I held on to the door knob as I stepped out leaving Mr. Fluffy with his loneliness in the quiet room.

I opened the fridge to find some kind of snack to chomp on. Eggs. Cheese. Milk. Lettuce. Some leftover ham. Really? Did we run of out of food that fast?