Chapter 19 : No Clue

Please forgive me. I can't keep making excuses for not updating. I still can't believe this book reached 10,7000 reads. THANK YOU ALL! <3

**********************

Chapter 19 : No Clue

Clarity's POV

I got off the bus and headed to my locker.

"Hey Clare."

"Sup Jos?" I said, not looking at her while placing books in my backpack.

"Hey, guess what?"

"You made the soccer team?"

"Yes, but that's not it. You already knew that. It's something else."

"Um...you have new shoes?"

"No. I got a new car!"

"Awesome."

"You're not even paying attention to me."

I turned to her and patted her right shoulder and smiled. "Congrats, Jos."

"Thanks. That's more like it." She smiled back.

"So, your dad's back home?"

"Yes, he is."

"I told you he'll come around to get you your car. It's a late birthday gift, but it's better than nothing."

"Yeah, you're right. He has been so busy. I haven't been able to talk to him in months. He'll be staying for three weeks and then has to go on a trip to France."

"France? No way. That's cool."

"I know, it is. I was surprised when he came home last night. I had no idea."

"That's nice to hear. How did your mother feel?"

"She was shocked also. We were so happy to see him."

"Good to know."

"Hey, I was thinking after school, do you wanna eat out at Barney's Fries?"

"Hm, maybe."

"Oh come on, they're known for their really good fries, hence the name. They have a bunch of good food too, like chicken tenders, buffalo wings, tortilla chips, spinach dip, a variety of burgers and sandwiches, and much more. You can even make your own burger."

"Fine, I'll go." I shrugged.

"Yay! Cool. I'll pick you up. Just call me."

"Ok."

She walked off to her class.

I put some books in my locker. I felt a weird presence near but wasn't sure what it was so I just ignored it. I grabbed my backpack and shut my locker. I realized who it was and stepped back, gasping. That idiot started laughing like he was crying and choking.

"What the hell?! I told you to stay back." I didn't know I was still holding my backpack so I put it on. I hate him for sneaking up like that.

He continue laughing at my reaction. "Man, you really had me. You should've seen your face."

"You really think this is funny? Wait until my fist hits your face. Let me see you laugh now." I was furious, not knowing I closed both of my fists.

"Whoa, whoa. Didn't mean to anger you there." He held both of his hands as he meant no harm.

"Look, what would make you go away?" I unclenched my fists.

"Are you sure you're willing to take my answer?"