Chapter 3 : Run Clarity, Run!

Hey! I'm so sorry! I know it's been a while since I updated! I'm kind of having writer's block. Somehow today I ended up writing this chapter! Thanks for waiting and read on! ;D

That's Xavier over there >>>>>>>>

Hot, huh? Lmao of course. :)

*************************

Chapter 3 : Run Clarity, Run!

Clarity's POV

My attention was facing towards the narrow alley. Luckily I was walking on the sidewalk across the narrow alley where distance separated between me and whatever was happening in front of me. My eyes waited for the next minute to pass by. Dimwit pointed a gun in front of a guy that looked unfamiliar and had another gun in his other hand. Where did the gunshot come from? Ok, I see no blood. I'm guessing that guy shot the bullet and missed Dimwit. He probably snatched that guy's gun before he got a chance to shoot a second bullet.

"PUT MY GUN DOWN!" The guy yelled putting his hands in the air like he surrendered or something.

"Too bad. You sucker." Dimwit scorned, still having the gun pointed towards the guy's heart.

"Why are you doing this?!" The guy said, sounding pleaded.

"Why?! Should you even ask me that? You know damn right why! It's my sister! You ki--"

I was debating if I should walk away like nothing ever happened or let curiosity wander in my mind to stay a little more. All of a sudden, I saw him turning his head around. He must have noticed a presence. My presence. My eyes widen. Crap! I think I should go now. Go Clarity, go! Why won't you move your stupid feet?! Oops, too late. He stared at me with those sharp dark, black eyes again.

What the hell is she doing here?! Xavier thought.

In what seemed like the longest silence, the guy grabbed the perfect chance to see Dimwit distracted by snatching the pointing gun from Dimwit's hand. He even managed to throw a hard jab right in the center of Dimwit's stomach before he ran for his life.

"Ahh! F*ck!" Dimwit was bending over holding his stomach in pain. He looked up.

Crap. I should've ran like that guy too. My eyes widen. Come on feet! Move!

"Hey." He said firmly. He looked mad like it was my fault he got distracted that the guy ran away and even punched him.

Clarity. Run. Now. My feet finally woke up and started running. Oh, now you move, huh?!

"HEY! I DIDN'T FINISH! I'LL GET YOU BACK!" He yelled over.

Yeah I heard him. I just didn't care. I ran for my life. Probably faster than that guy. I passed by a bunch of pedestrians that probably thought I was crazy for running. Oh well, I didn't care. I kept going. I stepped in my house breathing hard. I stop exercising in the summer. Or working out I call it.

I walked to the fridge to grab a cold water bottle.

"Are you ok?"

Hm? I turned around. Mom with her raising eyebrows.

"Why are you breathing so hard and running in the house like someone chased after you?"

I ran? I thought I walked. I guess it seemed like running to Mom. I had to think of something. "Oh. I was really thirsty all day at school and just needed fresh water to drink."

"Oh...ok." She stretched the 'o' in ok and walked away to sit in the living room to watch TV.

Good enough for now. She seemed to buy my lie. Even though I know in the back of her mind, she's suspicious of me. Her eyes are always fishing for something. Even when it's nothing to worry about, she'll always find a flaw. I guess it's no surprise since I always had calls about my bad behavior when I was in elementary school. Almost everyday I got a pink slip. My Mom was always furious. My Dad? He's always working. Never home. I guess I'm on the same page as Joslyn.