Chapter 15 : Open Your Eyes

I'M VERY SORRY! ='( For not updating for a long time. Almost to a month. [Writer's Block + Life = ?] My mind's finally starting to clear up now. =)

"Tell Me" - Failed Flight - - - >

****************

Chapter 15 : Open Your Eyes

Joslyn's POV

I stood alone in my room as the night ended. Just thinking about the same thoughts that has been lingering in my mind for quite a long time. I begin to feel guilty for leaving Clarity alone at the lunch table, and avoiding her presence. I just didn't know what todo anymore. I mean, what if you had a friend that never told you anything? Always keeping life a secret when you know you've been friends for a long time. Maybe she was going through something personal that she couldn't come right out and say it. I...I just wish Clarity would be a little more open. My stomach starts to create a pit. Not just any kind of pit. A painful one. Yes, you got me. I miss Clarity. I miss her. We haven't been so close lately. Maybe I should her a chance. A chance to explain. Do you think I was too hard on her? I mean, I walked away and didn't reply to her texts or calls. I let out a deep sigh. Wow, now that I finally realize it, what a bad friend I am. I didn't give her a chance to put her two cents in. I do wonder if those two cents will matter and maybe change the way I think of her. I close my eyes. Hoping maybe I can think of something to bring her back. I know she's been wanting to talk to me. I hear the stupid clock tick-tocking the minutes away as if it was waiting for me to come up with an answer. All I hear is silence but that clock won't stop ticking. Ugh.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Come. Tock. Up. Tick. With. Tock. An. Tick. Answer. Tock. Already.

Ding!

A light bulb pops on top of my head like a glowing halo. I slightly smiled at the thought I just formed. Maybe she can come over and we can talk about...what we haven't talked about.

I was still sitting on my bed as I reached my arm over my table to grab my phone.

Now, how should I put this? I rubbed fingers on the mini keyboard as I pursed my lips. I begin clicking away.

My text:  

Come over to my house tomorrow at 2 pm.

I placed my phone on my bed beside my crossed legs. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. And... "Oh come on, Clare! Answer already!"

Ding!

"Yes!" I snatched my phone from my blanket.

Clarity's text:

Ok sure.

A smiled formed from my lips. Welcome back, Clarity.

I turned off my dim-light lamp. I drifted off to a sleep thinking about what to tell Clarity tomorrow. What were we gonna talk about? Why I ditched her? Why she's been hiding from me and refraining to tell me anything? Well, we'll see about that. I let my eyes take over the tiredness to sweet dreams.