Prologue

Shikar ( A Dangerous Love Story) Book 2

Evil doesn't die. It never dies. It just takes on a new face, a new name. Just because we've been touched by it once, it doesn't mean we're immune to ever being hurt again. Lightning can strike twice...

Prologue

She enjoys rain for its wetness, winter for its cold, summer for its heat. She loves rainbows as much for fading as for their brilliance. It is easy for her, she opens her heart and accepts everything.

Her Charms can make the world surrender. Her beauty can make the world her slave. Her innocence and purity can hit the vices...

With soft hands she plucked the flowers one by one and put in her basket. She prised the beautiful garden. She grew up in a big bungalow. Like a beautiful morning, her smile makes the world beam. Her laughter cures the illness.

She ambled from one bush to another to pick up her favourite flowers, with her charisma she wins the heart of everyone around her. She moved the silk trends falling over her face, then concentrated on her basket.

"Veni"

She spun around and smiled at the old man "Coming Kaka"

She stepped inside the bungalow. Veni grew up under the care of Kaka and her uncle Manohar.

"Finish this Veni" Kaka lifted the glass of milk

"No Kaka, you know I hate milk" gruffly turned her face away

"Veni" Manohar kept the newspaper on the table.

Morose, she finally pressed her nose with her fingers and drank the milk. "Happy Kaka, Uncle?" she got up from the chair and strolled towards her room next to the huge stair case.

Kaka knew she gets grumpy every morning over milk. They saw her closing the door behind her.

"No one can make any difference between Chandni and Veni" Manohar picked his cup of coffee. With every passing year he was getting worried for her.

"You're right Manohar, she looks exactly like Chandni" sadly Kaka wiped his tears, he sauntered to his room and opened the big drawer. He looked at Veer's photo "I have fulfilled my promise Veer, I haven't told anything to Veni..." He ruminated the day when the evil wrecked everything, and it sure be eying on Veni once she turns 18 next month.

---------------------------------------------