Chapter 77

Kamla quickly opened the door at the knock "coming" she said

Kaka and Manohar quickly rushed in due to heavy rainfall outside... "These rains..." Manohar said little annoyingly taking off his long coat...

"This time of the year normally has high rainfall" Kaka kept the umbrella on the side.

"Is Veni still sleeping?" Kaka looked at Kamla who offered a clean towel for them.

"Yes...I went once, she's still sleeping" Kamla replied than walked back to the kitchen...

Manohar wiped his hands and face "I think I must check"

"No, let her sleep. She must be tired after a long flight" Kaka was about to walk into the room when they heard the knock at the door.

"I will check..." Manohar walked towards the door...

The moment he opened the door he was shocked

"What happened Manohar?" Kaka watched him staring outside the door...

Kaka walked towards the door and saw two old ladies

------------------------------------------------

Veni opened her eyes only to recall what all happened some time ago...she looked herself in the mirror and touched her lips...then smiled and closed her eyes "you have engraved yourself in my soul, how can I stay away from you now."

She quickly took out the red dress from the wardrobe that fitted perfectly...she brushed her hair and took her scarf around her neck...

"Time cannot change even my likings..."

After a long time she understood the reality of her being...the truth that was hidden and the powers that helped her regained herself...

She happily opened the door when her eyes fell on the two old ladies sitting in the lounge room...

Slowly she walked down the stairs, with moist eyes she kept gazing at them...

Kaka watched Veni coming downstairs wearing Chandni's dress. He looked at Manohar who was totally bemused at the whole scenario...

"Sarita aunty" Veni said then turned to look on the side "Grandma" she stepped towards them

Tears didn't stop from her eyes while she kept gazing at them

Manohar looked entirely mystified at what was happening... how come Veni is looking exactly like Chandni...

Finally bursting out she fell on her knees and cried in front of them....

"How much have you both suffered...we know" Shama said hugging her in her arms...

Kaka and Manohar inquisitively observed them... "What is happening? Both? Who are they talking about?"

Manohar wanted to pinch himself to check if he wasn't dreaming...

For some time they could only witness Veni crying aloud and hugging her Grandmother...

Kaka was clueless about the whole picture...he asked Kamla to get a glass of water...

"Veni..." he offered the glass of water

Veni wiped her tears and made them sit on the couch "I was waiting for this day Grandma..."

Shama caressed on her head.... "I know..."

Veni offered them water "I am glad you are ok"

Manohar and Kaka were totally muddled as to what was going on...