Chapter 69

Kaka knew that destiny would play its part, no matter how much they protected Veni from the evil... he still remembers the day twenty years ago where everything was predicted and today he's facing the truth that he already knew...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numerous days had passed since Chandni smiled at anyone. All she did the whole day was sitting in her room and staring out of the window.

In the beginning it was very usual for Veer, he got the best doctors for her. She underwent a treatment for her depression.

She didn't eat, couldn't sleep properly. Her condition was getting worse. Until one day....

"Veer, where are you going? And these suitcases?" Kaka looked at the luggage.

Veer looked at his watch "Kaka...Chandni's reason for depression is her family and what all happened with her. I know she will keep on thinking about her past if she stays here"

"So where are planning to go now?"

"Back to Darjeeling"

"But Veer... what about the marriage preparations" Manohar prompted from the door

Veer frowned at Manohar "are you serious?"

Manohar smiled a little at his friend "yes...I think you must marry Chandni"

"Shut up Manohar...don't you see her condition...how I can marry her when she's already too depressed about everything"

Manohar and Kaka quietly watched Veer shouted at the servants "what? Why is everyone looking as if I am alien... go get Chandni"

Veer ran his hand in his hair...he closed his eyes for a while and thought about what all happened with him...

"Damn.... Since I left Mumbai few months back till today...I haven't lost anything but Chandni... she's lost her entire family..."

He shook his head... "I never thought that I ...Veer Raichand would ever fall in love with someone...."

Manohar saw his friend upset "Veer... listen..."

"I am not in a mood Manohar....I am sick and tired...just get the luggage in the car"

Manohar followed his instructions....

Veer would be thankful to Chandni throughout his life...he would never hurt her but today he wanted to drink. He was frustrated of his life. He never knew his life would become so restless...

But then he has to support Chandni...how can he even think about drinking when she hates this "why do I feel I am stuck" he said to himself.

He couldn't bear Chandni's condition. He wanted her to be happy...no matter what happens he will help her get back to life.

He saw her coming down stairs... she tried to smile at him.

"Let's go" he encircled his arm around her waist...and helped her sit in the car...

He gazed at her...the eyes looked less swollen now, lost weight in mourning day and night. He made sure she ate on time.

"Driver. Let's go"

He took her hand in his and kissed the back of her hand. She didn't reacted at all besides smiling a little that Veer knew was her fake smile. He knew she was least interested in talking to him or anyone else.