Chapter 84

Feeling completely distressed Nandini failed to figure out the exact meaning of what took place in her life just few moments ago. Partially she blamed herself for even talking to such a person, how in her whole life she never felt so low and furious. Clutching her t-shirt, she pulled it over her head to take it off and with a feeling of anguish Nandini touched her lips.

"Nandini are you in the bathroom?" Rasika knocked at the door but Nandini's heart and mind were stuck in those moments when she was forcefully kissed by this boy whom she does not even know.

"Nandini" another loud voice made her shudder and she looked at herself standing without a t-shirt.

"yes Rasika" she responded.

Rasika felt little strange this time "are you alright? Let us go for dinner".

"I am not hungry, you please go" Nandini could not let this insult go off her mind. Again, and again her brains thought about the way he forced on her.

Rasika shook her head "ok, I am going" not wanting to ask Nandini any further since she knew her by now.

Suraj entered the hostel dragging his bike. "Suraj" shouted one of his friends who could not believe looking at the condition of his bike "what happened?"

Suraj frowned looking at him "get away Kunal, I need to park this first".

Kunal was shocked rather than surprised, this must be the first time he saw Suraj not sitting on the bike but dragging it, he looked at the flat tire "oh, it got punctured" he said following Suraj.

Suraj parked the bike furiously "I swear if I was not in the hostel, I would have chased her and taught her a lesson by now."

"what do you mean? What happened?" Kunal queried all perplexed at Suraj.

Suraj started walking towards his room "I am tired of these hostel rules. I just don't want to stay here".

Kunal could not understand anything as to what Suraj was talking about "let's go for dinner".

"you go, I want to settle something" Suraj walked straight to his room thinking about this girl who dared to flat his bike's tire and on top of that she was so rude.

"I would have slapped her instead" he said making a fist then running his hand in his jet-black hair "why the hell did I kiss her. Why?" a feeling of anger rushed down his body and now the only thing that counted was to find the girl and take his vengeance.

------------------------------

Next Day

All the students were walking towards the hostel, when Nandini's eyes fell on Suraj standing at the gate. Angrily she walked towards him "I wouldn't mind taking you to the principal for what you did yesterday because you deserve a punishment."

He could sense the anger in her voice, in fact the only thing she carried was anger.

He smiled a little "look, I am really sorry for what I did. Believe me I was feeling terrible and that's why I stood at this college gate since morning to find out about you so I can say sorry" Suraj said folding his hands in front of her.

She could not believe he got scared, and he was lamenting about his act that he did yesterday, anyways that was good for her.

"I will never forgive you for what you have done" Nandini retorted angrily and walked off. She could not trust him as to how a person can change in one night. His act yesterday was no less than a beast and today he looked so innocent.

He watched her going past him, "not bad" he muttered angrily, and an atmosphere of rage came back "wait and watch how terrible I am" he said and walked towards the building.

On the other hand, Nandini could not concentrate on her studies the whole day, thinking about Suraj whom she met yesterday, about his attitude, was he really being sorry and regretting his mistake or was he just acting. Should she forgive him or complain about him to the principal.

"Nandini, what are you thinking?" Rasika said while copying the notes from the board.

Nandini simply nodded her head as she would not like to disclose this in front of anyone. It was better to forget this disgusting moment.

"let's go out today, in the evening" Rasika asked but Nandini wasn't willing to.

"I don't feel like going today" she said and concentrated on her book.

-------------------------

The evening sun was setting down in the valleys of Darjeeling, once again the black clouds covered the clear sky. Thunderstorms were common part of this place. But no one knew about the souls that have taken re-birth and came back at the same place.

"Close the window or this rain will make everything wet" Manohar spoke while coughing and holding his stick.

The maid came running towards the window and closed it "you must rest". She assisted him walk towards the bed.

Manohar smiled at his maid Meena "I am trying to rest, but rest never comes to me". He kept his shawl on the chair next to the bed "I am used to these thunderstorms from past so many years, these eyes have seen so much that now I want to close my eyes forever."

Meena never understood why Manohar spoke like this, "did you experience something bad in your life Saab"?

He smiled at her "not bad, but extremely dreadful. So horrendous that even if I think about that it sends shivers down my spine. So many lives were taken, all the family is dead now." He went quiet and Meena as usual covered him properly with the blanket and closed the door behind her.

------------------------------

There was nothing in life that Nandini feared so far, but when night comes, she tries to keep her eyes open so that sleep does not come quickly. Every time she dreams, she gets scared and pounding of her heart says to not sleep at all. She stood up and looked outside the window.

All she could see were the dark clouds with no sign of light "nothing is more frightening than the fear you cannot even name" she whispered and the moment she turned around; her arm accidently hit the glass on the table.

"what happened Nandini" Rasika woke up rubbing her eyes.

As usual Nandini was standing near the window, Rasika wondered why Nandini doesn't sleep "are you ok?" she asked.

Nandini looked at her "yes, I am ok".

Though her voice sounded so much opposite. Rasika walked up to her "why do you not sleep?"

Nandini looked at her "because then I have to see him".

----------------------------------------------