Chapter 83

Nandini opened her eyes, again sweltering with the same dream. She sauntered around the window for some fresh air. Her eyes still in search of clear sky, but every bit seems to be like a haze. Right from her childhood she's been getting these dreams, so many questions but not a single answer. She fails to see his face every time as If something stands in between her and the reality that her soul is searching every night.

She took out her phone "again 2:00am" she mumbled then keeping the phone back and tried to close her eyes, but sleep was far away.

----------------------------------

Next Day

Hoping to see the place more closely, Nandini wore her track suit walked out of the hostel, she remembered coming a few steps till the nearest hill with Rasika the first day she came to Darjeeling. Every time she observed the mountains, big tea estates she some how felt connected, as if she was brought up here.

Nodding her head over her imaginings she started jogging on the silent path leading towards the hill. While listening to her favourite music she kept running towards the inclined slope when her eyes fell on a small bench near a huge tree, she stopped examining the place "why do I feel as if I've come here before" she said taking off her head set.

"these situations are so odd, oh God is there any answer to the silence? Is there anything this place wants to tell me" Nandini muttered to herself while climbing the hill.

Her eyes fell on the board "Happy Valley" she read it twice, as if it was somehow imprinted at the back of her mind. Presumptuous she was overreacting to the whole thing, she started walking back towards the hostel.

Later during the day

Nandini was still in the library when she heard some noises outside... "what's going on here" she asked a bunch of students standing near the gates when her eyes fell on the bikers doing some stunts... she shook her head considering it a total waste commotion and was about to walk back to the library when her eyes fell on one of the bikers.

Since the helmet was on, she could only see the eyes. But somehow their eyes met, and she felt the gaze so familiar. Immediately stopping where she was, Nandini without blinking kept on looking at those familiar eyes, following them through as the stunts were being performed, deep inside her heart she prayed for the biker to be safe.

Just then the crowd gathered around, and she kept standing taking a deep breath. This was the first time she found a little glimpse of her own dream, she saw those similar eyes... Nandini turned around to rush towards the bikers. But this time they all had taken off the helmets.

Rasika looked at puzzled Nandini "hey, what are you doing here? I thought you don't like bike stunts"

"you're right, I don't" Nandini responded and shook her head "I was going back to the library"

Rasika smiled "but it seems you like Suraj's stunt"

Nandini frowned a little "Suraj? Who is he?"

"the one everyone was looking at" Rasika laughed "even you"

Nandini smiled "really, lets go now" thinking it useless, Nandini didn't give much heed.

-----------------------------------

After the routine college classes in the evening, Nandini thought of going around Darjeeling.