Chapter 80

"Mom...." Veni couldn't believe Meenakshi standing in front of her... no wonder she was the spirit telling her something she had been searching for....

"But where..." Veni was about to ask when the spirit was nowhere to be seen... taking deep breath, trying to grasp the situation she pulled her hair out of her pony tail...

Finally she sauntered in the house, Prithvi and Kaka hadn't returned yet. Manohar must be in the office... and Kamla... Veni felt sad, she wanted to yell.

"Where were you Veni?" Shama came out of the kitchen "I have been waiting for Kamla...don't know where she's gone, all the work is pending in the kitchen."

Veni cried hugging Shama "Kamla has turned into evil"

"What are you saying?" Shama couldn't believe.

Veni recalled what her mother had said, quickly she walked up to her room "I have to find something."

Shama couldn't understand what Veni was trying to say, and why Veni rushed into the room next to the stairs... that was Meenakshi's room.

The room was closed from the past twenty years. Veni took a broom to clean the old spiders and dust. It took her few minutes, her eyes fell on her mother's picture on the wall. She wiped her tears "I lost everything, and I still don't know the exact reason"

Veni quickly opened the wardrobe, she saw some old clothes, books and some old ornaments...

"Mom said I can find something in our house, but what?" Veni said to herself

"Damn" she shook her head...

She heard the noise of the car outside...

"Veni..."

"Prithvi...." She quickly rushed outside "thank God, you're back"

He embraced her tightly in his arms "did you miss me even for a day"

She fisted across his chest "of course I did...you don't know Prithvi that evil spirit is still looking at us."

Veni described everything...

Kaka looked at Prithvi who was sitting near the fireplace listening to Veni. Shama was shocked to hear what all was happening again.

"We must postpone our marriage" she said softly...

Prithvi angrily looked at her "are you scared of that witch? Even when I am with you?"

Veni tried to calm him down "it's not a question of you being with me. I am just worried about your safety. Got it?"

"We were never safe even before so marriage is not a question here. I love you and I want you to be my wife. And for that if I have to kill that witch, I will happily do that" Prithvi shouted and walked to his room...

Veni knew he wouldn't understand....she has to do something, but how? She has to find out the answers to all her questions...

She was still thinking when her mind recalled the old woman she met today. She remembered she had met this old woman before...

Who is this woman? She wondered...

"Veni...I think we must call some priest, or a person like Acharya Ji again" Said Kaka...

Veni agreed, they needed someone... "Yes Kaka, you're right...you please arrange that, and I will check with Prithvi"

She looked at the closed door, it would be better for him to rest she thought and walked towards the kitchen to eat something when something clicked and she rushed back to Meenakshi's room.

"Where the hell should I find about her...?" she was still searching the room when she heard a noise under the bed...

Quickly she bent down to look underneath but couldn't see anything in the dark. She turned brought the torch to have a better look

"Looking for me" an eerie voice called out

Veni dropped the torch and rushed outside the room...

"Prithvi, Prithvi..." she screamed all the way upstairs banging on the door

But he didn't open.

Shama and Kaka walked upstairs to open the door but it was jammed

"I think we have to break it..." Kaka said

All the three tried to push the door twice ... it opened slowly.

"Prithvi" Veni saw him lying on the bed not opening his eyes "Are you Ok Prithvi..."

She looked at Kaka "I will get some water"

"Prithvi, open your eyes" Veni shouted in his ear but he didn't open his eyes...

Shama worriedly looked around "Veni, let go downstairs"

"But Grandma, Prithvi"

"This is not Prithvi...come lets go" Shama pulled Veni out of the room

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veni worriedly waited for Sarita, when the car stopped outside the gate...

Sarita got off the car "Veni...are you ok"

"Aunty, I don't know what's happened to Prithvi, he's just not responding. Please come fast"

Shama was sitting near the temple worshipping when she saw them going upstairs...

Sarita opened the door to see Prithvi lying on the bed, she walked closer and touched his hand. He opened his eyes pushing her away, Sarita's head hit the wall behind...

"Aunty" Veni shouted and helped her to get up...

The moment she looked at Prithvi, she was scared...it wasn't her Prithvi. He looked even scarier than a demon. This time his eyes were blood shot, face turned completely white and scars on the face, just like Kamla had...

"Veni..." Kaka came in taking them out of the room...

Shama asked Veni to take Sarita to the hospital. Her head was bleeding profusely...

Veni and Kaka put her in the car and left for the hospital. Just on the way they saw Kamla standing in the middle.

"Don't stop the car driver, Kaka she's not Kamla" Veni cried out...

But Kaka looked at her... "Veni she's crying"

Veni looked at Kamla who was sobbing bitterly, her hands were bleeding. May be that evil soul left her.

They asked the driver to stop the car and get Kamla in...

The driver stepped out and walked towards Kamla...

Veni noticed Kamla's weird smile and her eyes turning totally black... "Come back..." she shouted for the driver... but Kamla held him by the neck and lifted him in the air.

Veni was about to step out when Kaka hold her hand "this is not the right time. We have to reach hospital"

"But Kaka..." Veni saw her lifting the driver in the air with one hand and then dropping him on the road...

Veni shut her eyes when she saw her breaking his right arm and putting in her mouth and chewing while staring with black eyes towards Veni...

Veni quickly reached the driver seat, with trembling hands she started the car and drove away....

Soon they reached the hospital

After getting Sarita admitted Veni vomited after the scene she saw in front of her eyes few minutes back.

"Kaka, I don't know what to do"

She said looking at him while washing her face and wiping with the towel

"You can't escape from me" said Kaka.... His eyes changed colours ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------