7: James

I stood in the training room in the Los Angeles Institute, an hour after the girls had left, with Matthew, Jesse, Julian, Mark, and Diego. We had changed into black gear, since Julian had suggested that we all train. Julian was standing by the weapons, speaking to Jesse, Diego was polishing a blade, Matthew and I were standing together, and Mark was leaning up against a wall, looking annoyedly at Diego. Something told me he didn't fancy him very much.

"This place is very odd." Matthew started, from beside me. "What they wear is especially strange."

"Tell me about it, but I will say it is much more comfortable from what we wear." I stated.

"True. I wonder if our parents are trying to murder Chris." Matthew grinned.

He was usually always grinning or smiling. It was a quality that drew everyone's attention to him. His smile was just so contagious, that you couldn't help but smile, as well. It was also a quality that I wished I had.

I chuckled. "Probably. My mother must be panicking."

"Speaking of your mother, what if we see her here." Matthew said. "How odd will that be?"

"Very much." I sighed, thinking about it.

"So, what do you guys want to do first?" Julian asked, walking up to us.

"Let's have a knife throwing contest." Matthew grinned. "I'll bet I'll win."

I rolled my eyes, humorously. "You're so arrogant."

"Alright." Jesse agreed.

"I'll probably win." Diego yawned. "I am a Centurion, after all."

At this remark, Mark rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath, and walked over and joined us. First, Jesse stepped up to the target, and Julian handed him three knives.

"You get three shots." He explained. "Whoever misses the most, loses."

Jesse lined up and was just about to throw the knife, when the door to the training room opened. Livvy and Dru skipped in, and Matthew cringed the slightest bit. Dru held the little boy, Tavvy, in her arms.

"What are you two doing here? I thought you were busy." Mark looked amused.

"We came to watch Matth--all of you train." Livvy corrected herself quickly.

Dru giggled from beside her, and Mark raised an eyebrow at them, still looking amused.

"Dear god." Matthew whispered from beside me, and I suppressed a smile.

"What are you guys doing?" Dru asked.

"A knife throwing contest." Jesse replied.

"Ooh, good luck Matthew!" They both exclaimed, giggled, and then took a seat on the bench.

Matthew winked at them, and they both blushed profusely. Jesse lined himself up at the target, again, and lifted the knife. He missed one, but got the rest in the centre of the target. Julian went next, and he did the same. It was then my turn, and I got them all, as did Matthew. Livvy and Dru seemed especially pleased with that. Diego went next, and he got all of them with ease. Mark was last, and all of his landed in the centre of the target.

Julian and Jesse were now out, and we all went again, but from much farther back. I missed one, and so did Matthew (much to Livvy and Dru's dismay), but Mark and Diego both hit all three.

"I should have got that." Matthew grumbled, and I only laughed.

"Let's blind fold them now." Jesse suggested.