37: Julian

We all sat at the kitchen table the morning after James finally woke up. Emma and I had made pancakes for everyone-which took a long time-and now we were all eating. I was sat in between Emma and Mark. Emma was happily talking to Cristina, while Mark was staring at Cristina, like a lost puppy. I felt bad for him. I knew that he really loved her, and they couldn't be together. It was like Emma and I.

"These pancakes are delicious." Anna spoke.

"Well I'd hope so. Jules does make them every week." Emma grinned.

I rolled my eyes, amused at her. "Thank you, Anna."

"What you guys eat at home?" Dru asked curiously.

"Oh, we have a cook at the Institute." Lucie stated. "But my mother cooks, sometimes. My father always tries to help her, but always wrecks all the food."

"I wish we had a cook." I admitted.

"I have a cook at my house. We all do." Cordelia said. "And maids."

"Are you all rich?" Cristina asked.

"No." Matthew looked confused. "Everyone has cooks and maids, back home."

"Lucky." Mark said.

Suddenly, we heard a loud crash from the living room. We all leaped up, and ran to the living. There, stood a boy. He had light brown hair, and bright blue eyes. He wore spectacles, and was getting up, having fallen on the floor. Behind him, was a light blue light. A portal.

"Chris!" Anna exclaimed, and ran to hug him.

"Who's this?" Emma asked.

"Christopher Lightwood, Anna's younger brother. Also the idiot who sent us here." Matthew piped up.

Emma grinned, amused, and so did I. Everyone said their hello's to Christopher, and then he looked at all of us. His eyes stopped when he saw Emma. He blushed deeply. Anna introduced all of us to her brother, and he looked shocked to see that we were all related to Jesse, and in Emma's case, Cordelia.

"Are you here to take us home?" Lucie asked.

"Yes." Christopher nodded. "We can leave now."

"Wait." Cordelia interrupted. "Can we have two more days here? We have not even said goodbye."

"My father isn't here, either." James pointed out.

"Well, I suppose so." Christopher said, looking deep in thought. "Though, I do not know if I will remember to come and get you all in two days."

"Mother will remember to tell you." Anna chuckled, shaking her head.

"But what if I forget to tell mother that I even got the portal to work?" Christopher asked, sounding distracted.

"By the angel." Matthew groaned, tiredly. "Listen Christopher, tell aunt Cecily that you got the portal to work, as soon as you step foot back home. Alright?"

But Christopher didn't even seem to be paying attention. He was too busy studying the portraits on the wall, especially the one of Jesse.

"What did you say, Matthew? I'm afraid I was quite distracted by this painting. It looks an awful lot like Jesse." Christopher said airily.

Matthew swore tiredly.

"That's because it is me." Jesse sounded amused.

"Oh, how lovely." Christopher sounded distracted again.

James then re-told what Matthew had said.

"Alright." Christopher said. "I should be going then."

He said goodbye to everyone, and then stepped back into the portal, and it disappeared.

"Is he alright in the head?" Emma asked seriously.

"No." Matthew said immediately, and Anna said yes at the same time.

She only laughed at Matthew, and then looked back at Emma.

"He is very absent-minded." Anna stated. "He often get's lost in the streets of London, and my father has to go look for him. Though, that doesn't happen much anymore."

Emma only raised her eyebrows, but said nothing. She then went to call Jem, to tell him that Christopher was going to take Will home in two days.

"We only have two days here, left." Lucie said sadly.

"I know what we should do!" Cristina exclaimed suddenly. "We should have a party on your last night here! We could invite Clary and Jace, and all of them."

I smiled. "Let's do that."

Cristina then ran off to go tell Emma about the party, and I walked to the training room with Mark. A few minutes later, James, Matthew, and Jesse joined us.

"I thought we could have one last knife throwing contest." Matthew grinned.

I chuckled, and Mark smiled.

"I don't know, what if I beat you again?" Mark teased, smirking.

Matthew scoffed. "Trust me, I'll beat you this time."

Mark only looked amused. We all then got our knives, and stood in front of the target. Long story short, Matthew and Mark were the final two. Mark won. Matthew was dejected.

"This whole competition is complete idiocy." Matthew grumbled.

James laughed. "You're the one who suggested it."

The girls then came, and insisted that they do a knife throwing competition, themselves. Lucie was out first, then Anna, and then Cordelia. Emma and Cristina were left.

"You're going down, Rosales." Emma grinned.

Cristina only rolled her eyes, amused. Cristina went first, hitting all the knives in the centre of the target. Emma followed her, hitting two of three knives. She then stepped up to throw her last one, and as soon as she aimed, I knew she was going to miss. And she did. Cristina jumped up, and Emma looked deflated.

"Cristina should go against Mark." Jesse suggested. "Since he won ours."

"Sure, I'd love to beat Mark." Cristina teased, smirking.

Mark laughed, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her. "Confident, are you?"

She shrugged, grinning. "Just a little."

Cristina stepped up to the target, first. She hit all three knives right in the centre. So did Mark. They did it all over again, with the same results. We went through about six rounds, until Cristina finally missed, and Mark didn't.

"Ha! I won." He smirked victoriously.

Cristina scowled. "I should have won."

"But you didn't." Mark grinned.

"I will next time." She replied.

Mark chuckled. "Sure, you will."

Cristina only rolled her eyes, amused. I smiled at the two of them. They needed to get back together.