41: Cordelia

I woke up the next morning, feeling very sad. Today was the day that we were all leaving for home. I was excited to see my family again, but I would miss everyone here, dearly. I got out of my bed, and yawned. We had all gone to sleep yesterday, very late, since the party had seemed to go on forever. I went over to the bathroom, and then changed and walked to the kitchen.

When I got there, everyone already sat at the table. Emma and Julian were laughing together, as was Cristina and Mark. Livvy and Ty were speaking through eyes, everyone else oblivious to it. Anna and Lucie were speaking, and as was Jesse and Matthew. Jem, Tessa, and Will also joined us, all talking. Finally, James was smiling at me. I smiled, and took a seat beside him.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning, Daisy." He replied.

I started to eat my breakfast, as everyone spoke around me.

"I cannot believe that we're leaving today." Lucie said. "It is most saddening."

Matthew sighed dramatically. "I do not know what I will do without my dear Livvy and Dru."

Both of the girls blushed and looked sad. I chuckled softly, and James grinned. After breakfast, I went to my room and started to pack the things I wanted to take back home. I grabbed a few articles of clothing that Emma and Cristina were letting me take back home, and a few pictures of Los Angeles, that I had taken on a thing called a "camera". I changed back into the dress that I had come here in, and it felt a bit strange to be wearing a dress, again. Even though they were much more comfortable, I preferred wearing my dresses, over Emma and Cristina's clothes.

I laid down and on my bed, and sighed. Memories of two nights ago flashed in my head, and I felt James' lips on mine again. I smiled to myself, and blushed. He had kissed me several times yesterday night. I could not believe that he actually loved me. It did not sound real. I then grabbed my things, and walked out of of my room. As soon as I walked out of my room, someone grabbed my waist. I shouted in surprise, and looked at who had grabbed me. James was laughing, his golden eyes bright.

"Let me go." I chuckled, smiling.

"Hmm, not unless you kiss me." James grinned wildly.

I blushed, and leaned in. James' lips pressed to mine, and I felt fireworks explode inside of me. I pulled James toward me, dropping my bag on the floor. He gripped my waist tightly, and my fingers tangled in his black hair. He trailed his lips down to my neck, and kissed it, and I moaned softly. My back was then against the wall of the hallway, and James was pressed right against me, kissing me fiercely.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you, too." I gasped, as he kissed me.

We kissed for a few more minutes, and then I heard someone clear their throat behind us. James and I sprang apart, and I looked up to see Emma standing there, smirking.

"Only two days together and you're already making out?" Emma teased, smirking.

James and I blushed, and Emma only laughed.

"Christopher should be here soon." Emma said, and then walked into her room.

James and I then looked at each other, and started laughing. He then took my hand, and we walked to the living room. Everyone was already sat there, and James and I took a seat. Lucie was speaking to Jesse and Anna, while Matthew was laughing with Livvy and Dru. Emma had now returned and was smiling at Julian, and Cristina was talking to Mark. Tavvy was sitting in Ty's lap, and they were reading a book together. Finally, aunt Tessa, uncle Will, and Jem were laughing together, though aunt Tessa looked upset. My heart went out to her. I could not even imagine what she was feeling, having to see her husband and children leave.

"Your mother looks very sad." I leaned over to James.

"She must be. She cannot bear to see Lucie, my father, and I go." James frowned sadly. "I feel for her."

I sighed. "So do I. At least she has Jem."

"Yes, she is quite lucky that way." He replied.

A few moments later, we all heard a loud crash. I opened my eyes, to see Christopher laying on the floor, again. He then stood up, and looked around. The portal behind him shone bright blue, and I felt a sinking feeling, knowing that it was now time to say goodbye to everyone.

"You actually remembered." Matthew sounded shocked.

"Mother had to remind me, but I would have remembered either way." Christopher replied. "Are you all ready, then?"

"Oh, Christopher." Aunt Tessa cried, embracing him.

Christopher looked uncomfortable, but hugged her back. When she pulled away, tears were streaming down aunt Tessa's face.

"How are you here, aunt Tessa?" He asked, shocked.

"She lives forever, Christopher. You know that." Anna said.

"You look so much like your father." Aunt Tessa said sadly.

"I do." Christopher replied airily. "It vexes mother."

We all laughed, and then started to say our goodbyes. Livvy and Dru came up to me, hugging me tightly, and thanking me for letting them paint my nails. I only laughed, my eyes welling with tears. Ty came next, carrying Tavvy, and hugged me. Then, was Julian. He hugged me, and so did Mark, who followed. Then came Emma and Cristina.

"We'll miss you so much." Cristina had tears in her eyes.

"It was nice to live with another Carstairs, for once." Emma smiled.

A tear ran down my cheek, and I smiled. "I'll miss you both to pieces."

We all then hugged, and the finally, aunt Tessa walked up to me. She was crying.

"It was wonderful to see you again, Cordelia." She smiled sadly.

I only smiled sadly, and hugged her tightly. Aunt Tessa was one of my favourite people. Once I had said all of my goodbye's, I looked around at everyone else. Livvy and Dru were crying, both hugging Matthew, who was actually hugging them back. Everyone else was saying goodbye, but I paid attention to aunt Tessa and uncle Will. He kissed her, and whispered something, and she whispered something back. Uncle Will then moved onto Jem, and they hugged tightly, both of them starting to cry. When all the goodbye's were finished, Emma and Cristina all gave us something.

"It's a picture of all of us." Emma explained through tears. "The one we took at Clary and Jace's ball."

I faintly remembered taking it, looking down at the picture. I smiled at it, knowing I would keep it forever. We all then lined up at the portal, and Christopher went through first. When it was finally my turn, I looked back for one last time. Emma and Cristina were smiling sadly at me, everyone else doing much of the same. I felt honored and blessed to have had the chance to get to know these wonderful people. For once, I had everything I wanted. Family, wonderful friends, an amazing Parabatai, and even a boyfriend, which was something I thought would never happen. You have it all, Cordelia, I thought to myself.

I then smiled to myself, and stepped through the portal, feeling like the happiest girl in the world.

THE END