20: Clary

Thought I'd do one from Clary's POV. Don't worry, though, it's only a one time thing :)

* * *

I sat in the living room at the Los Angeles Institute, sitting across from one of my ancestors. This had got to be the craziest experience of my life, and I had had a lot of crazy experiences. I looked up at Matthew, who was speaking to James. He looked nothing like me, so I thought that I descended from his brother, Charles, and not him. Still, it was unbelievable to think that this was happening. Jace, I knew, felt happy to meet his ancestors, since he had never had any family that was actually related to him. Though, apparently Alec and Izzy were, according to Anna. It was amazing how things worked out like that.

"Why are the boys so attractive?" Isabelle whispered to me.

I grinned. Sure, we were engaged, but we could still talk about hot guys.

"I have no clue, but the girls in 1903 are so lucky." I chuckled, and so did she.

It was scary, the way Isabelle and Alec were named after people they knew, and I thought it was cool how Izzy's necklace had been passed down through so many generations. I kind of wished that the Fairchilds had something like that. There was then a knock at the front door, and Julian went and answered it. He came back with, Tessa, Jem, and a boy I didn't know. He looked around seventeen and he was hot. Very hot.

"This just keeps getting better and better." Isabelle whispered, and I laughed.

"Mother, what are you doing here?" Lucie asked.

"I thought that your father would like to see Jace, since Emma told me he was coming." Tessa smiled.

"Woah wait, he's your father? But he looks so young." I said.

"He came through the portal, too." James explained. "Something about it messed up his age, so now he looks seventeen. It should go away when we go back, though."

"I am Will Herondale." The boy smirked.

He walked over to Jace who had stood up.

"I'm Jace Herondale." He said.

Will examined Jace for a few seconds, and looked back at Tessa.

"He looks nothing like us, Tess." Will said thoughtfully.

"He acts like you, though." Jem grinned.

Will smirked at Jace. "How wonderful."

Will then looked at Isabelle, and his eyes widened, slightly.

"By the angel, she looks like Cecily, and she wears her necklace. I gave it to her, you know." Will grinned at Isabelle.

Isabelle only smiled. "I'm Isabelle."

"Isabelle Lightworm, I suppose." Will smirked.

Isabelle looked horrified, and Tessa, Jem, and Jace all laughed. Will then finally rested his gaze on me.

"You cannot be anything but a Fairchild." He said, smiling. "You look just like Charles. You mustn't be too happy about that, Matthew."

Matthew sighed. "I am disappointed."

"It is nice to know that Charlotte's bloodline survived this far. What is your name?" Will smiled.

"Clary." I replied.

"Clary and Jace are to be married, soon." Tessa smiled.

"Well done. Fairchilds are a respectable family." Will grinned at Jace, and then smirked at me. "And you cannot go wrong with a Herondale."

"You're like his twin, Jace." Isabelle was wide eyed.

Everyone chuckled, and I smiled at Jace. He was staring at Will, with a sort of astonishment in his eyes. It must be weird for him to meet someone who's exactly like him, I thought. Will then walked back over to Tessa and Jem, and they all started laughing about something. You could just feel the love radiating off them, and it just made you smile. It must have been a huge shock for Tessa and Jem to see Will, again, after seventy-eight years.

"You think he's hot, don't you?" Jace whispered to me, gesturing to Will.

I swatted his arm, chuckling. "I'm a girl. Of course I do."

"Who wouldn't?" Isabelle asked, listening in on our conversation.

Jace only shook his head, and Izzy and I giggled.

Tessa, Will, and Jem all sat down, and we all talked.

"Where have you three been all these days?" Lucie asked curiously.

"We showed Will around Los Angeles, mainly." Jem smiled.

"And what a shock it has been." Will spoke. "Did you know that you can find anything in the world on something called the internet, Lucie?"

She laughed. "I did."

"What an amazing device. If only we had that in 1903." Will sighed dramatically.

"What have all of you done here?"Tessa asked.

"We took them to a Downworlder club." Emma grinned.

Tessa frowned. "Emma, you know how those are. Did any of you get into trouble?"

James sighed. "No, mother, we did not. We're all adults now, you know."

Tessa only stared at James, with so much love in her eyes. I couldn't imagine the happiness she had felt to see her children again.

"I worry, Jamie." she chuckled.

Something then hit me, and I looked up at Tessa.

"You must have already known, that they all would go through the portal, didn't you?" I asked her.

Tessa smiled. "I did, though there was no way to prepare myself to seeing them again. I also didn't know when I would see them, only that I would."

"Are my parents worried?" Anna asked.

"Quite. Your father tried not to kill Christopher. Your mother came to Will and I in tears, telling us what happened, fearful that she might never see you all, again." Tessa chuckled.

"Cecily's always been the emotional sort." Will chimed in.

"Wait, then you must know when Christopher will come back for us." Cordelia piped up.

"I think it will be soon, but I don't really remember. That was over a hundred years ago." Tessa said.

"Is it true that you can draw portals?" Matthew asked me suddenly.

"Yes." I replied. "I can draw one, if you'd like. Actually, we should be going, so you'll see it, anyways. We have to meet Alec and Magnus back at the New York Institute."

"Magnus Bane?" Will perked up. "You know of him?"

Isabelle, Jace, and I all shared an amused grin.

"Too well." Jace smirked.

"He is dating my brother." Isabelle announced.

"Magnus got himself a Lightworm?" Will sounded shocked. "Surprising."

Isabelle narrowed her eyes at him, while Jace smirked at her. I then grabbed my stele, and began to draw a portal back to the Institute. When I was finished, everyone was looking at me in shock. I only blushed, slightly , and said my goodbyes. Matthew was the last one.

"It was nice to meet you." I smiled, sticking out my hand.

He bent down and kissed it, again. "The pleasure was all mine, Miss Fairchild. You are ever so talented and beautiful."

I giggled, and blushed. Matthew then let go of my hand, and I stepped the portal, after Jace. This had easily been, the most crazy experience of my life.