40: Tessa (Bonus)

Thought I'd do one in her point of view :)
* * *
I stood with Lucie, Cordelia, and Anna, at Emma and Cristina's going away ball, for everyone. I still couldn't believe I had gotten a chance to see my children, and Will again. I looked at Anna, who was talking to a Lucie. A pang went through me, as I saw how much she looked like Cecily. It made me miss everyone. Charlotte, Henry, Cecily, Gabriel, Gideon, Sophie. All of them.

I looked up, and saw Will, James, and Jace, all laughing together. I smiled at them, my heart warming. There was something about that scene, that tugged on my heart strings. Nothing could describe the feeling when I saw Will, and our children. I would remember that feeling for the rest of my life. Matthew then sauntered up to us, and I smiled. Oh, how much of a handful he always was.

"James has left me, too busy with that blonde boy." Matthew sounded annoyed.

I laughed. "That's his descendant, Matthew."

Matthew waved it off. "I know, I know. Though, I have spent a fair amount of time with Miss Fairchild."

"She looks quite like Charles, doesn't she, Matty?" Anna teased, grinning.

She looked so much like her mother, then, that I was suddenly reminded of the times when Cecily would tease Will, just like Anna was doing now. Cecily teased Will, all the way up until they were old, and every time, Will would be annoyed. I had always thought it was cute.

Matthew scowled. "Do not rub it in, just because Mr and Miss Lightwood look like you."

Anna laughed, and I smiled.

"Oh stop, Matthew." Lucie stepped in, chuckling. "Let Jamie have his time with Jace."

"He is quite handsome." Cordelia giggled.

"Cordy!" Lucie exclaimed. "You are courting James!"

Cordelia laughed. "Oh, don't tell me you don't think so, Lucie."

Lucie reddened, and didn't say anything. I laughed at the two of them.

"Everyone has a crush on Jace." I chuckled.

"Oh mother, you look so different now." Lucie started. "It must be the clothes."

It felt strange to be called "mother" again, but I smiled at it. James then walked up to us, and embraced Cordelia. I grinned at the both of them. Oh, if only they knew that they would get married one day. I chuckled to myself, if only Cordelia had known she had just called her own descendant-Jace-attractive. I walked away from them, and started to speak to Clary. She was still the same girl who stopped Valentine and her brother. She was unchanged, which was something that I thought was amazing.

"How are the wedding plans coming along?" I asked casually.

She sighed a bit. "Stressful. Isabelle wants to have double weddings, so we decided to. We can't decide on the colours, but we're leaning to blue and gold."

I chuckled. "Weddings are too stressful."

"Tell me about it. And when Izzy and I try to ask Simon and Jace what they think, they just exchange looks and say it's up to us." Clary said. "It's aggravating."

I laughed. "They're probably afraid of upsetting you two."

She laughed. "Probably."

"Aunt Clary!" Max exclaimed.

He ran up to Clary, and she beamed, and picked up the little blue boy. Magnus then walked up to us, grinning, and he hugged me.

"Tessa, wonderful to see you again." He smiled.

I smiled back. "You too."

"I cannot believe William's here." Magnus sounded amused. "He looks as handsome as ever."

I laughed, and shook my head. I then heard a voice behind us.

"Do I?" A slow arrogant voice said.

I grinned to myself, and then Will was at my side, Jem on his other side. Clary was staring at Will, a bit in awe, and I chuckled. Max was playing with a necklace laying at her throat.

"William." Magnus grinned.

"Magnus." Will smiled. "It is nice to see you so happy. Your children are delightful."

Will then looked at Clary. "Might I steal him from you, Miss Fairchild?"

Clary only smiled, and handed Max to Will. Max went happily into Will's arms.

"His eyes are like mine, Daddy." Max said, smiling at Will.

Magnus chuckled, and Will looked amused. Will held Max for a few minutes, but then Max saw his brother, and wriggled in Will's arms. Will let him down, and he ran after Rafael. James and Lucie then walked up to us, and suddenly, everyone else walked away, including Jem. I smiled to myself, it was nice of them to give us time to ourselves. I hugged both of my children, though James was about a foot taller than me. I then pulled away from them, tears welling in my eyes.

"You have no idea how much I miss you all." I said sadly.

"Mother, please don't cry." Lucie said. "I will cry, then too."

I chuckled, and Will put his arm around me.

"Your mother cries easily. American women. What am I to do?" Will teased, smirking at me.

I laughed, and hit him in the arm. "Shut up."

Will laughed, his blue eyes bright. I knew that Jem wouldn't care, Will and I being like this. He knew that Will was someone I loved and still love dearly, he wouldn't have any objections. And it wasn't like I had kissed Will or anything, since he had been here. A slow song came on, and James and Lucie walked away.

"Would you like to dance, Miss Gray?" Will grinned, holding his hand out.

I beamed. "Of course, Mr Herondale."

I took his hand, and the two of us walked out onto the dance floor. Will held me close, and I did the same. I saw Jem and Magnus smiling at us, and I smiled to myself. To be with Will, again, had been a miracle. A wonderful miracle, and I felt so lucky to have had the experience of being with him again. I laid my head on his shoulder, and Will held me, tightly.

"I love you, Tess." He said softly.

I smiled, my heart jumping. "I love you too, Will."