Introduction

Authors note: Feel free to skip the intro and go straight to chapter one, the story will still make sense and you won't have to read this long winded explanation of circumstances. P.s. I recommend you skip it because I don't like waiting for stories to begin, but for those who like to know what's what this is for you.

The ending of humans seemed almost impossible at first, but the great species was brought to the chopping block by a little cold. However, that 'little cold' killed like cancer and took lives quicker than any other known virus too. The first outbreak started in the most heavily populated areas and began to spread like wildfire, with thousands dying from an unknown cause most began to worry for the future. When population reached the millions humans grew frantic to find a cure or vaccine, anything to stop the virus. Sadly, the solution to the problem slipped through the cracks between their fingers. The last surviving humans quickly faded into extinction without so much as a scream in the night, knowing it was their time to go.

For us we could only watch and see the results of this epidemic outbreak. Werewolves seemed to be immune to all human diseases, infections, and lastly viruses.

Years after the extinction of humans, werewolf population skyrocketed and we took our rightful place on the top of the food chain. Packs around the world began forming and a new world was born from the ashes of human civilization. Most of the cities were torn down to make room for hunting grounds, we planned on cleaning up earth and going back to a simpler, better time where the world was green and air smelled fresh.

However, we still keep things modern.

Even so conflict does arise still. Unavoidable really, because the world has been split into territories and packs making war a constant stepping stone.

In the country previously known as America, my pack the "Silver Claw" had a small section around the northern half. It wasn't big or had many warriors, but we were always known for are strong will and stubborn attitudes.

My father always reminded me how I fit those stereotypes perfectly, my pride always came before anything else. Once I dared to walk the entire perimeter of the pack in the middle of winter when the snow was up to your neck because I was to proud to stay in like everyone else. It took me the whole day, my toes were literally frozen together and I think my cheeks stayed red the entire week after.

I've always been that way though I guess, when I was a kid some boy had shove me so I became the best fighter in my pack and no one has ever shoved me since. Even though I was smaller then most werewolves my age people knew to respect me and my friends or they might not have a face to apologize with.

My best friend Rachel thinks I could be the Alpha one day and I have to admit Alpha Aspen sounds pretty damn good! She always said when Alpha Bruce steps down I should challenge his eldest son Samuel for Alpha rank, but not many packs with female alphas last long. Often they are thought of as docile and submissive, two big no no's for a pack, and are quickly absorbed by the neighbouring territories.

Also, most she-wolves don't stay dominate in nature when they meet their mate.

Mates always have a dominate and 10 out of 10 it's the males, males are just naturally more aggressive, stronger, and well... dominate. Most ordinary werewolf couples won't fight over who's boss and the male will just assume the role when needed, but Alphas are a different story all together.

Alphas always need to be in control and will push their mate into submission, usually by force. It may sound awful, but believe me if you are stubborn person like me and don't like to be pushed around it's way worse.

Luna's have to be the mother of the entire pack, always collected and put together. It is their job to care for the females both young and small whether or not she likes them or despises them, it has to be for the greater good of the pack. Luna have to challenge or reprimand other she-wolves who've forgotten their rank, but that's expected and actually encouraged in order people aren't walking all over them.

Every wolf has a rank and each is to act accordingly to it.

In werewolf school we are taught how to fight, the history of wolves, pack etiquette, and how hierarchies work ( and Math, Science, and English, etc. We're not animals!) They will the also drill in the five most important things there are to being a wolf

-Don't trespass in unknown territories without permission
-Always protect your pack
-Remember your place in the pack
-Submit to the higher ranked
-Never challenge an Alpha without set intentions

Only I am about to break 4 of those 5 rules in a matter of days, my teachers would be so ashamed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Finally I started the werewolf book I've been dying to write! This chapter was only the intro and the real story is next chapter so don't comment saying like "the plot is not even there" just keep reading and you'll see a story form. Remember I don't edit and probably never will so feel free to comment below pointing out and grammar mistakes you see, just don't be rude about it. Lastly, my dog is literally staring at me to like feed him or he'll eat my face in my sleep kinda stare, so I better go do that bye! Remember to like and comment!