Chapter 30

The pub was lit brightly on the inside, a vibrant yellow glow that contrasted with the cold snowy street. Through the windows you could see werewolves laughing and drinking. Doing normal things I never imagined was possible for the fearsome Red Druid pack.

It was all too complacent.

I knew more than half the wolves in there have done things that make my spine shiver. Yet they were being so ordinary, they still desired to drink and play darts like the wolves at my old pack. I had to admit this pack has been more like my old one than I expected

In my mind I had imagined a pack filled with stone cold faces and bloodthirsty beasts, but this pack has yet to fulfill my nightmarish expectations. 

I felt the familiar presence behind me, a small knot formed in my stomach as he neared.

Except you, you've lived up to my expectations.

I knew without looking it was Hunter behind me. Hunter had an undeniable aura that followed him everywhere. The kind that makes males bow their heads in respect and females swoon with adoration. 

I could feel Magara start to purr as the heat from his massive body rolled off of him and seep past my coat into my skin.

I didn't even have to turn around to know he stood behind me as a threat to all those who might approach me. As if warning them to think twice before coming up and talking to me.

Like I needed more difficulty when trying to make friends. 

I rolled my eyes. "You know I didn't need you to come babysit me." I protested, a exasperated sigh falling from my lips.

Hunter didn't look down to acknowledge my annoyance, he simply stared straight ahead at the pub and study the developments in the large front window. 

"I'm not here to babysit you." That's all he said before directing towards the door with a hand on the small of my back. 

Soft crunching sounds filled my ears as my brown leather booties packed it into size 8 footprints.

After Hunter and I arrived back at his cabin I discovered an entire wardrobe tailored for me in the closet. Everything in there fit me perfectly. Even the lingerie I found in the drawer was exactly my size, too bad I was never going to wear it though. Whoever placed them in the drawer must've had some pretty optimist outlooks on Hunter and I's relationship.

Hunter with his free hand that wasn't around me reached forward and pushed open the green wooden door. The pub's entrance swung open and a small golden bell above the doorframe rang as if to announce our arrival.

Instantly, my face was hit with the warmth and noise of at least thirty different werewolves. The air smelled like beer and food, my mouth began to water at the prospect. I saw a worker walk past holding a tray full of fries, onion rings, burgers, and multiple pints of beer. 

It'd been so long since I had a decent beer and plate of onion rings I could almost tear up. 

"Have you been here before?" I asked absent mindedly while scanning the crowd for Isabella and not so covertly eyeing a plate of thick cut fries shared by a group nearby. 

Hunter's hand was still on my waist and he didn't seem to have any intentions on removing it. 

"Yes, this is a favourite spot of many of my warriors." Hunter spoke to me over the music and chattering all around us. 

I realized though that it still seemed to be a big deal that Hunter was there. People gawked and shook their friends when they noticed their Alpha's appearance. As if we strolled in wearing jewel encrusted crowns and thick red capes. They acted as if Hunter wasn't a wolf, but a god. I saw in their eyes that they didn't just respect him, they exalted him.