Chapter 12

{picture of Hunter's wolf}

Sitting in the cage outside I glared at the dark woods, the next 24 hours I'll spend running amongst the spirits and trees festering within.

I paced my small courters anxiously, occasionally gnawing at the metals bars that trapped me. The cold winter breeze didn't even phase my inner wolf because she was too focused right now on running fast and far into the woods, away from all the eyes watching.

My pack and a few Red Druid members filled the clearing before the woods, they stood a healthy distant away from me- about 200 yards- but still I could feel their breaths on the back of my neck. Seeing Mom and Dad in the front of the crowd, faces stricken with terror, almost snapped my cool but I knew I had to be smart about whatever the heck I'm going to do once this cage door opens.

I felt like a traitor to the pack, having Hunter as a mate made me feel like an outsider. I remembered their wariness towards me earlier today like I was a ticking time bomb ready to explode and wage war on my entire pack. All because of Hunter.

I actually didn't know where Hunter was at that moment, probably bidding with his buddies on how fast he can bring me back. If he thinks that's going to be easy, Hunter is in for one hell of a surprise.

He'll no doubt find me out there but I can fight him off and run. Hunter has to successfully drag me back to the starting point for his claim to be valid. Which won't be an easy job when I'm going to try everything I can to resist and beat his ass up.

I remember my brothers and I playing as small children in the woods, they'd always beat me in everything whether it be hide 'n' go seek, tag, hunting, or fighting. Being the youngest and only girl got very annoying when constantly people were beating you like a piñata. But my brothers refused to go easy on me, they said even though I struggled now later I'll be stronger then before and every since that I've never looked back.

Everyday I'd go to the gym and train, watching the adults fight and copying their movements, eventually they allowed me to join them. At first they would beat the crap out of me but as time went on no one could hold a candle to my skill.

Except now, Hunter was the first werewolf to have challenge me in a fight and win since I was 16. The anger I felt because of that was indescribable but another feeling I can't identify also dwells within me.

I heard a growl behind my cage, if I was in human form all the colour in my face would've just drained leaving only a scared pale girl behind. I felt the fur on my neck prickle as the sound of snow crunching started around my cage, it was slow and light like a predator circling its prey. Everything in me screamed to sprint away but I remained stuck and unmoving in the metal prison they put me in.

Unable to help it I let my head fall to stare at the ground when I knew the perpetrator stopped at the front of the cage, facing me directly. Looking the ground puffs of hot breath came into view and panting filled my ears making me want to curl up into a ball and cry.

But I don't cry.

Refusing to give in to any fear I slowly lifted my head to face the monster that stood before me. The first thing I saw were big black furry paws with claws as sharp as razors and dark as obsidian. The snow lightly dusted them like powdered sugar on French toast. A little further and four thick legs with the strength to take down a buck like it was nothing more then a rabbit. I froze at the wolf's midnight chest refusing to look up anymore because I didn't want to stare into his intense golden eyes.