Chapter 6

{Aspen's wolf above⬆️}

I woke up earlier then usual that morning, my head was pounding with anxiety and my body felt restless. A thin film of dried sweat had encased itself to my skin making it feel grimy and oily. Today would be different, that much was certain.

White bedsheets were tangled wildly around my legs, it felt constricting and limited my movements, there was too much fabric for my liking. I preferred one comforter and that's it, not twenty of these death traps wrapping around me in the middle of the night.

I tried hopelessly to fall back asleep because I didn't feel like taking on the world today, but of course my efforts failed miserably and only left me lying in bed with my eyes closed while my mind was doing laps.

I guess I'd go to early morning training today since there was no point in staying in bed all day. No one would dare say it to me but I did tend to get a little lazy during the winters.

Training usually took place outside on a large flat field with evenly cut grass, a few obstacle courses were scattered around, but most of the action happened in the sparring rings. However, since the snow has covered the field, training has been moved to an indoor gymnasium with a similar setup.

Hand to hand combat was my specialty, I loved how intense it is to stare your opponent straight in the eye right before the take down. So I did tend to spend most my time sparring while growing up in training class, like all young wolves it's important to learn how to defend yourself and kick someone's ass.

Younger wolves around the age of 15 start training and can have the choice to stop at age 20, I still train though even when I'm a year older, but definitely not with moody teens. I train with the elite fighting squad of advanced warriors, the highest skilled fighting class we have.

I know the name sounds like it should be on nickelodeon

Getting up I tumbled ungracefully towards the bathroom and cracked each one of my joints, my mind didn't even register the fact I was still in my dress. All I did was simple peel off the wrinkled garment and hopped into the shower.

The hot water assaulted my sore muscles and eased the tension building up, my entire body relaxed and all the worries I was stressing about melted away down the drain like magic. Old battle scars seemed to hurt less under the nurturing heat and my mind cleared with a haze of mist rising from the water.

Instantly I felt alert and focused on my day.

"First things first, go to training, next eat something 'cause girl you'll be hungry, after breakfast think about how you're going to win 'The Hunting', find Rachel cause I miss her, and proceed as necessary." Magara yipped like a mother wolf ordering her pup around.

"I'm glad you're on board with me winning 'The Hunting'." She surprised me by actually helping figure a plan for today out. "It means a lot."

"Well of course in the end I'll agree with you, your my 'hominum' and I'm your 'spiritum' we are together in this." Wolves can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but they are the most loyal living creatures on earth and it's hard to think of a time, when it came down to it, that Magara didn't have my back.

"But we're still going to lose." She added ruining the moment. "Thanks" I drawled out sarcasticly, she's only helping me because she knows we're not going to win.

But still I'll take all the help I can get.

The water felt amazing but I didn't want to be late for training, so cutting my shower short I shut it off and stepped into the misty bathroom air. My towel was very colourful like it should be displayed in a summer beach equipment magazine, I rubbed it all around my body trying to dry off as quick as possible.