Chapter 4

{Photo above is what I think Hunter Bloodmoon looks like, but feel free to imagine whatever you guys want.}

It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the light of the stage, which shone directly in them. When they did I saw the ocean of eyes all staring at me, it was a little nerve racking to say the least. All of my pack was here to see me, Aspen Swiftpaw, freeze up on stage.

I was suppose to do a little walk around stage and then stand for 8 seconds waving at the audience in the front, then exit like we practiced countless times. But I just couldn't move my legs, cement bricks replaced the spot where my feet were suppose to be.

Everything was quiet and I was afraid the audience could hear my heart thump wildly in my chest, like it no longer wanted to remain trapped in my rib cage. I probably looked like a deer caught the headlights, very ladylike of me.

They just waited like I was suppose to yell "Just kidding" and everyone would laugh and things would go back to normal, but I didn't do or say anything, but just stand staring back at them. My mom was angrily waving me to come off stage before I make a bigger idiot of the family.

My feet magically became mobile again and I slowly trudge them across the stage, to my now patiently waiting mother who is going to chew my ass out the moment I get off stage.

About to leave the stage a loud scary growl stopped my movement, as if I instantly became a statue. It sounded like a tiger about to bite the hand that feeds it, the very vibrations filled the entire room and crawled up my spine.

My head turned to see the owner of this growl and my heart dropped instantly while fear crept menacingly through my veins, the noise came from none other then the devil himself.

Hunter Bloodmoon.

It was clear he was the Alpha everyone was terrified of. He practically oozed dominance and power, making my wolf go dizzy in the overpowering presence of such a prime specimen of a male. What a twit.

However, me on the other hand, I was shaking in my shoes trying to look for an escape route if things go south, which I hope things don't. If they did I'd stand no chance one on one against a fully grown testosterone pumped Alpha male, running fast and far would be my only real option.

Still growling, the male got up and approached me slowly, like a predator stalking a frightened deer, he moved like silk. Hunter's gate was confident and big, but not thunderous, like he knew he was the boss right now and nobody would dare question him on that. Too soon he was standing with me on the stage, never once did he take his eyes off mine, his eyes reminded me of the treacherous dark blue oceans I once visited in my youth with unspeakable horrors lurking in its depths.

Only 8 feet in front of me he began to take a step closer, like a lion closing in for the kill, I watch in terrors as everyone in the room refused to help me. Only watching to see the fate of my last few moments in this world and probably hoping my blood won't make too much of a mess.

Realizing how dire my situation was I, mistakenly, took a few steps back trying to maintain the space between me and this behemoth of a male. That's just one of many bad choices I have made today.

The male snarled viciously, warning me not to take another step or else. Hunter quickly closed the gape between us until I could feel his hot breath fanning my face, never in my life have I been so afraid. Why was he prolonging my suffering, can't he just kill me and be done with it? Or did he get off on making people feel terrified, like some weird sicko.