A Visit from The Voltori

Bella's P.O.V
It has been a month since I came to Forks. I really do fit. I've bonded with my new family, and my relationship has grown stronger with Edward. Everything was going swell. The final bell just rang on a cool, rainy Friday in September. It's almost my "birthday" but I don't age any more. We were driving home, I was driving my car with Alice and Edward. All of a sudden Alice zoned out, and Edward's eyes grew wide with fear. I pulled over. "What... What is it?" I say looking back and forth at both of them. "It's nothing, love. Keep going." Edward says. As I slowly lift my foot off the brake, the started talking. It was too fast for my fragile human ears to hear. When I pulled into the garage, they both quickly hopped out of the car. I turned off the car and grabbed my bag. I walked inside and hung my keys up. I walked into the living room and they are all talking. Of course, too quick for my ears. I try to make out some of the words, but nothing. I gave up and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and walked upstairs to my room. I sat my bag down on the floor and laid down on my bed. Why won't anyone tell me what's going on? Is it bad, or good? Oh no, I hope Alice isn't planning a birthday party. I decided to snoop. I slowly walked down the stairs, making sure to skip the creaky ones. Where did they go?

I heard glass shatter in Dad's office. I tiptoed over to the door, and listened. "Why her, why now?" Edward said. "They made the decision a while ago, when they first met her." Alice said. When who met me? What's going on? While I was lost in my train of thought, I somehow walked to the living room and laid on the couch. "We'll protect her, Edward. She is our daughter, too." Carlisle says. That's the last thing I hear before I got sucked into the black hole of fear filling up my mind. I must have fallen asleep, because I was suddenly woken up by a loud gurgling sound. I sat up and looked around the living room, only to realize it was my stomach. I looked at my phone, laying next to me on the couch. 6:36 pm. I got up and walked into the kitchen. Edward was in there, sitting at the table. "Hey." I say grabbing a bowl of cereal. "Hey." He says his eyes black and in a blank stare. "What's going on? What were you and Alice talking about in the car today?" I ask taking a bite of lucky charms. "It's nothing." He says as he stands up and moves into the living room. I finished my cereal and followed him into the living room. I sat on the couch next to him. He wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his cool chest.

"Please tell me, I hate being in the dark." I tell him as I feel his cool breath on my neck. "It's nothing." He says as he kisses my neck. "Edward... Please tell me." I say as I look up at him. "It's getting late." He says looking out at the dark sky. "Will you stay with me?" I asked as we walk up the stairs to my room. "Sure." He says. "I just need a few human minutes." I say walking towards the bathroom. "Okay, don't be long." He says as he walks into my room. I pretend to go in the bathroom, but I ran downstairs. I ran down the hallway and stood in front of the door of Carlisle's office. "Why does the Voltori want her?" Esme says as I gasp. Not them. Not here. Please, no this can't be. They already came to my "parents". They can't do this to Esme and Carlisle and my family. It can't happen again. They ruined my family, and I've always had to tell that stupid story. But, its not true. I didn't run into the Voltori. They came to me. They tried to get me to join them. I was scared, I said no. That night Mr. and Mrs. Swan were murdered. By them.

I was in so much shock, when I came back to reality I was sitting on the couch. 7 pairs of eyes were staring at me. They looked like they've seen a ghost. "What?" I said as I looked at them. I could feel the dried tears on my face. "Are you okay? You kept saying, 'No, no not again!' What's going on, Bella?" Esme asks. "I didn't tell you the whole story." I said regretting my decision instantly. "Never mind." I say wiping the tears away and stand up. Edward stands up and puts his arm around my waist. "What is it?" He said as I look into his eyes. "I heard mom say Voltori and it reminded me of when I was young." I said over my mouth immediately after. "But, you met them two years ago." Esme said. "That was the cover up story I'm supposed to tell you." I said sitting back on the couch. "What do you mean?" My father asked.

"It was the second year that I had been living with the Swan family. They did notice my aging habits, but weren't super worried. One night, I was in my room when three male vampires came in. "Who are you? What do you want?" I asked scared. "Ah, young Bella. We ask of you to come and join our clan, come be the the Volterra princess. Help us rule the vampire world." Aro said. I was scared. So I declined. They didn't fare so well to that. The next morning when I woke up, both my "parents" were murdered. I had only 3 people to blame. The Voltori. I got scared and ran. About 23 years later, I got a letter. I didn't know who it was from or how they knew me. I opened it. It was an invitation to become the princess of Volterra. There was even a necklace in the letter.

They all stared at me, eyes black. "Do you still have the letter?" Edward asked. "Yes, I never really read it, I just put it in my pocket and ran." I said as Edward walked upstairs. "Top drawer of nightstand, on the left." I said. Edward came back down holding the letter. He opened it, putting the necklace aside and read it allowed.

Young Bella,
It seems you didn't understand our warning. Dear one, we weren't inviting you to be our princess, you are meant to be princess. The legend of the Volterra princess is a child half-vampire, half-human is born from two pure souls. Once matured, she has many powers. Many she may not even know of. This must be our ruler. Young Bella, on your 18th birthday we will pay you a visit and see that you become our princess.
See you soon,
Aro

"Aro didn't just want you as princess-" Edward began to say. "I'm a vampire princess. No way, it can't be me." I said pulling my legs up to my chest and burying my head in them. "Hold on one minute." Carlisle said as he ran to his office. While he was gone, Edward sat down next to me and pulled my close to him. I could smell his beautiful scent and could feel the coolness of his skin. I rested my head on his chest. Carlisle re-entered the room carrying a big, old book. "What is that?" I asked looking at the design and I recognized the crest on the front. "Why do you have a Volterra book?" I asked realizing it matched my necklace. "A long time ago, I was once part of the Voltori. At the time we didn't have a princess, because one didn't exist." He said as he flipped through the book. He stopped and read for one second. "No. You will not be going to the Voltori." Carlisle says. Edward gasped and held me closer. He probably read Carlisle mind. Then I remembered the letter. I have many powers. I tried really hard to use Edward's power to read my fathers mind. "It says once becoming princess to fulfill her duty, she must become full vampire and off the blood of humans." Carlisle said in his head. I gasped. No. No. No. "Bella?" Jasper said feeling my emotions bouncing off of every wall. "That can't happen. I belong here and I want to stay with your ways." I said to Carlisle. Edward pulled even closer and then the tears started flowing. "We will protect you, I will protect you. You will always be my Bella." Edward said as I started to fall into a deep sleep.