"Jake, I love you..."

I ran outside, only focused on one thing. My socks were getting soaked from the never-ending rain in Forks. I saw him start up his motorcycle near the end of the driveway. "Jake!" I yelled, trying to stop him. I had to explain. I watched as the motorcycle sped down the dirt driveway, getting smaller and smaller until it was gone. I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face, they blended in with the heavy rain. I sat down on the ground not caring about my sweats. The tears and the sobs became louder and heavier. I slowly got up, and headed back to the house. Edward ran out to me and I fell into him. He held me and I held him. I cried into his chest. We walked inside, and I went upstairs and change out of my muddy and wet clothes. I put on a pair of jeans and a dark green jacket. I walked down stairs into the kitchen, and grabbed an apple. I heard Edward and the family talking in the family room. "Finally, now that mutt will stay away from Bella." Edward says, as the apple falls from my hands.

"You knew he was standing there!" I say running out of the kitchen. "Bella, we-" Edward starts to say. "Oh, you were all in on this. I gotta go. I have to go see Jake." I say, grabbing my keys and phone. I got in my car the tears falling again. My heart was pounding, and felt heavy. I sped down the highway, racing towards his house. I looked in my back mirror, and recognized a silver Volvo following me. Great. But, then I remembered he can't cross the treaty line. I was lost in my train of thought when I heard my phone ring. It was Edward. I let it ring for a few seconds, then I picked up.

"Edward, there is nothing you can say to ma-." I started to say when I heard a different voice on the other end. "Bella, turn around please." Alice says and I look in my rear view mirror and see Alice in the passenger seat of the Volvo quickly approaching my car. "Tell her I'm sorry, tell her it was all my idea." I hear Edward say, and I flinched. "Bella?" I hear Alice say. I hang up the phone and push down harder on the gas pedal. How fast can my jeep go? I saw the Cafe quickly approaching and I knew we were almost at the treaty line. I sped past the cafe and looked back and saw the Volvo stopped a few miles back. Finally. I slowled down the car, as I realized I was going fast and it was raining. I looked through the sheet of rain, and I finally saw his house. I barely remember it from the last time I was here. I put on my jacket and turned off the car. I took a deep breath, and ran out into the rain. When I finally reached his door step, I was shivering. I knocked on the door, and waited.

The door opened, and I saw Jake. "Hel-" He started to say, but I hugged him. "Bella, what are you doing here?" Jake says, as I was still holding him in a hug. "I came to apologize, I was going to tell you but that was not the way I wanted it to happen. I am so sorry you had to find out that way. But, Jake I love you... but, more like a brother and friend. From the first day I met you in Science I knew we would be great friends. And, I don't want this to ruin the friendship. So, please don't hate me. I can't lose you." I say, letting go of him. But, he pulled me in for a kiss. "Jake!" I scream, pushing him off me. "Bella, don't you see you belong with me. You're better off without him. He left and I was there to help you. Why can't you see I'm the right one for you." He says, as I kick him. But instead of hurting him, I hurt my ankle. "Crap." I say, my ankle pulsing in pain. "Bells, I'm sorry." Jake says, reaching for my ankle. "Don't touch me, you've done enough." I say hobbling back to my car. "You can't drive in that condition let me at least drive you to the treaty line. Then you can go home to your "fiancé"." He says with a disgusted look on his face.

I ignore him, and got in the passenger side of my jeep. I look at my phone. 74 missed calls from Edward. Uh oh. Then I saw a voicemail. I played it on speaker. "I'm going to kill that mutt. Meet me at the treaty line, Carlisle and the family will be there too. Hopefully they can keep me from killing him." Edward says as the voicemail ends. "I can walk from here, go back so we don't start something you can't finish." I say to Jake. "You don't think I can take him. Ha! He's going down." Jake says as I hear a howl. "Is that Seth?" I ask him. "And the rest of the pack. You mess with one of us, you get us all." He says with a smirk on his face. "No this is not a fight." I say, looking at him.

We pulled up to the treaty line, and I saw Edward leaning against the Volvo. I opened my door, and hobbled out. "Bella!" Edward says, about to run towards me. "Stay there, don't cross the treaty line I'll be fine." I say as I hobbled towards the Volvo. I "cross" the line, and Edward rushes to me. "Are you okay? What happened to your ankle?" He says. I didn't even want to tell him. But, I guess Jake with asking for a death wish because he starts to speak. "I kissed her and she kicked me, and broke her ankle." He says as I watched Edward's eyes turn black, and heard a low growl come from his mouth. "Edward stop." I say trying to hold him back. I stood between them trying to keep them apart, but was instantly pulled away by Alice. "I don't see this going anywhere good, and you shouldn't be in the middle of it." She says, setting me in front of Carlisle. "But..." I tried to stand up, but Emmett held me down. "Not today, little sis." He says as I let out a sigh of defeat. Carlisle looks and my ankle carefully, poking and prodding at it. I whispered "ow" a lot, which made Emmett laugh. I could also here Edward and Jacob yelling at each other. Blaming each other for things that have happened to me. I played with my ring, staring as the diamonds shone in the setting sun. I tried to blank out the yelling, but it's all I could focus on.

"It's all your fault that she had to come here to apologize." Jacob yelled at Edward. "She wouldn't even have to apologize if you didn't come over unannounced." Edward said. "It wasn't unannounced, I had texted Bella this morning. I thought she would know I would come over." Jake says, as Edward looks back at me. "Well, we wouldn't even be in this mess if you didn't get involved when I left for a few days." Edward says. "Maybe if you didn't leave her heartbroken, and I didn't see her sit in your seat depressed and crying then I wouldn't have bothered her. But, I was trying to mend the patch you created." Jake spat in his face, and I couldn't help the tears that started to pour down my face. "I wouldn't have had to leave if you wouldn't have been her friend. It's all your fault she's here and hurt and..." Edward was saying, when I couldn't take it. "Stop it you two. I've had enough of this. Can't you see I need both in my life. It's has never been a competition, I choose both of you. You both hold a special place in my heart. So, stop fighting. Okay. Please. I have a major headache." I say as my family laughs. "Alright love, I'm sorry." Edward says. "Wait. Shake hands." I tell them and the both give me the strangest look. "Or would you rather hug?" I say as the shake hands and walk their separate ways. My family and I laugh as I hobble over to Jake. "Hey. This doesn't mean you get to be mad at me. I can't loose you, okay. And don't go running off and do something stupid. Okay? For me, please?" I say, hugging him. "Okay, but next time let me get in a few hits." He says laughing, about to hit him. Edward grabs my hand. "You don't need another injury, love." He says laughing, as we all laugh. And I saw it, a moment where we weren't a human, a vampire, and a werewolf. We were friends. I wish it could be like this all the time. The laughing ended too soon. "Bye Jake." I say, hugging him. "Bye Bells, see you soon." He says as I watched transform and run back towards his home.

When we got home, I knew I was going to get it. Mom and dad were going to be furious. Edward, oh, I was doomed. I would be banned to never leave the house again. The car ride home was silent, just Edward holding my hand. I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing? We pulled up the long, muddy driveway. The car stopped in the garage and everyone got out of the car. Edward not letting go of my hand. I walked inside slowly waiting for the scolding. Nothing happened. I looked around and it was just Edward and I standing in the middle of the living room. Well, I was only standing on one foot so I slightly wobbled. All of a sudden, Edward scooped me up and flew up the stairs. We were in our room in a matter of seconds. "I need a few minutes." I say my voice a little croaky from earlier. He nodded and I hopped into the bathroom. I quickly showered and put my pajamas on. I hopped back into the bedroom. I hopped onto the bed and crawled towards Edward and under the sheets next to him. I rest my head on his chest. "I love you Mrs. Cullen." Edward says as I snuggle into him. "Not as much as I love you." I say smiling, as I close my eyes and let the exhausting day finally end.