Boy or Girl...?

Now that Edward accepted the baby, my family has finally started to as well. I'm 4 months in and started my second trimester, which means no more morning sickness. I've already started decorating the nursery. Alice is planning a gender reveal party, because Edward and I decided we wanted to know the gender so we can plan the room, the toys and the clothes, and his/hers name. I've designed a boys and girls room with Edward. And during the party Alice is going to set up the nursery for the gender and surprise us. Alice is setting up the brunch. It's going to be at the house, and my friends from school, Edward's whole family, and Jake and the pack are invited. The party is this Saturday, and it's Thursday. The family went out on a hunt, while Edward, Rose, and I went to the doctor.

The nurse came in and checked on the baby and did an ultrasound. She checked the babies gender, printed it out and gave it to Rose. On the way home, Rose was smiling like a fool. We got home and Alice and Rose left immediately for the store to get the items for the nursery. The nursery was going to be in the room next to ours. It was 7 o'clock and I had just finished dinner. I was tired so Edward and I bid the family goodnight. I got into my pajamas, and crawled into bed with Edward. I was pressed against his chest, with his hands on my baby bump.

We woke up the next morning, ready to start the preparations for tomorrow. Alice and Rose had finished the nursery last night, and sent Emmett to pick up the balloons for the reveal. I started setting up the tables and chairs, Edward trying to take over so I wouldn't "stress" the baby. He's been worried about me doing things, even lifting a box. I laid out the pink and blue tablecloths, and laid out the centerpieces. I wrote on the chalkboard Alice bought for the entry way. "Bow ties or Bows. Can't wait to know!" Emmett came back with the balloons in a box. On the box it says "It's a...". I walked over to the box and tried to peek. "Ah, ah, ah. No peeking." Rose says, pulling me upstairs. I sat on my bed thinking about tomorrow, when Edward came in.

"Hey." I say, rubbing my baby bump. "Hey love." He says, coming and sitting next to me on the bed. I laid down, my feet hurting from the weight of my stomach. "Edward." I say as he starts rubbing my feet. "Yes, Bella?" He says, looking at me. "I love you and I think you will be an amazing father." I say, tears welling up in my eyes.  He comes and lays next to me. "Hormones?" He says, chuckling. "Yeah. But, I do love you." I say, as he leans down to kiss me. We kiss for what seems like forever, and I lay in his arms. We sat in silence, when Edward spoke, "What did you say?" He says, looking at me. "I didn't say anything." I say looking at him. "I swear I heard..." then he stops, and looks down at my stomach. "Bella... I can hear them..." he says, as I smile. "What do you hear?" I say smiling, tears flowing down my cheeks. "They love you." He says, as I gasp and the tears gush from my eyes. "I love you too." I say rubbing my stomach. Edward and I laid there for hours as he told me about my child's thoughts.

I woke up in the middle of the night, the baby kicking like crazy. I sat up and rubbed my stomach, looking around the room. Empty. I went to get up when I felt a piece of paper sitting next to me, I reach over and pick it up.
On a hunt. Be back soon , love. Edward
I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock. 4:36 am. I got up, my throat parched. I walked downstairs to the kitchen, and got a glass of water. I sat down on the couch and looked up and saw the box sitting in the front room. Maybe a little peek won't hurt. I got up and walked towards the box. I lifted the lid to look inside and saw...

Nothing. There was just a piece of paper taped to the side of the box. Nice try, Bella. Alice. I knew it. I grabbed my glass of water and hobbled back upstairs. I laid down, and closed my eyes. I fell asleep instantly. This time when I woke up, I was wrapped in cool arms. I look up at him and his eyes were closed. He was either thinking or listening to the baby. I leaned up and pecked him on the lips. "Good morning!" I say, snuggling into him. He opens his eyes and smiles my favorite crooked smile. I start to sit up, when I feel little kicks against my stomach. I rubbed my hand over my stomach. "I can't wait to find out what you are." I say, smiling.

It was time for the party. All the decorations were finished, the tables set, and the balloons in the box. People started to show up slowly, I was getting more anxious by the minute. We all wore the color of the gender we thought the baby was. The only people who didn't dress up were Alice and Rose. Edward wore pink, and I wore blue. As the last of the guest were arriving, we started to play the games. We ate food and cake, well not my family. And then it was time for the reveal.

Edward and I stood in front of my friends, my family. I held the edge of the box, my hands shaking, my heart pounding. I finally get to know if I'm having a boy or girl. My friends and family started to count down. "3,2,1..." I ripped open the box and pink and blue balloons flew out. I looked up and stared at Rose and Alice for a long time. My head was spinning, my thoughts flying around my head. "Are you ready to see the nursery?" Rose asked, as I was still in shock. "Were you tricking me with the balloons?" I asked them, while we walked towards the nursery. "No Bella," Rose says, as she opens the door. "you're having twins." She says, as I look inside the room, and see two little cribs. Splashes of pink and blue covered the room. I stood there, in shock. "That, that can't be. The nurse said I lost the baby." I say, shaking my head. "Bella, in the ultrasound today, and for the past four months, there have been two babies with two heartbeats. Bella, both of your babies are okay." Alice explains, as a wave of emotions runs over me.  "I'm... I'm having twins." I say, as a smile stretches over my face. I turned to Edward, both of us smiling like fools. I hugged him, and then rubbed my baby bump.

The smile never left my face, and both my hands were occupied. One in Edward's hand and the other on my baby bump. The party ended, and the guest slowly left. All of them congratulated me, as I hugged them all. Finally, everyone was gone except for Jacob and my family. I let out a sigh of relief, as I sat on the couch, my feet aching. I look around at my family, giggling at me, and I smile. Maybe this will be okay. I close my eyes and let sleep overcome me.