Almost a Bride...

Its been a three weeks since Edward proposed, and the ring feels heavier every day. And I am freaking out, the stress is overwhelming me. The dress, the cake, the guest list, the venue, the catering company, Edward's tux, my bridesmaids, his groomsmen, honeymoon spot, and all the other wedding details I haven't even started. And the wedding is in two days. I'm very thankful for Alice and Rose, without them I wouldn't be able to handle this. And if I wasn't marrying Edward, I would end it all right now. But, I am marrying Edward and the stress is slowly fading. Emphasis on slowly because I still felt like I do one thing wrong and the wedding will be ruined. Alice decided that we should have the wedding here, outside on the beach. And, the reception at the house. I loved the idea, the beautiful weather should make the day perfect. Alice found a cater, and I picked out the cake. Edward "helped", but I did most of the work. I obviously chose Alice as my Maid of Honor, and Rose with my friends from school as my bridesmaids. Edward chose Emmett, Jasper, and Jacob. We had a long talk and decided that I couldn't have my wedding without my best friend. But, I haven't seen Jacob since the incident a few weeks ago. I try not to think about it and hope he will show. Tomorrow night is the rehearsal dinner. Alice was helping me break in my heels. I kept tripping, fearing the tiny heel holding up the shoe would break. "Can I just wear Converse? These heels are never going to work." I say taking off the heel, and in the process almost falling. Alice said "You can wear converse." She says as I hug her. "Thank you Alice, I owe you!" She stops me. "Only to the rehearsal dinner, you're wearing heels tomorrow." She says. "Fine." I say as we both giggle and hug each other again.

It was Friday night, I was getting married tomorrow. Only an hour left until the rehearsal dinner and I was freaking out. I still hadn't heard from Jake. Rose was doing my hair and makeup tonight, because Alice was doing it tomorrow for the ceremony. The thought sent chills down my spine. And I'm not afraid of getting married to Edward, that will never be the reason, I'm scared because I'm the center of attention. I already am in my family, but now in front of a lot of people. Rose finished and I looked in the mirror. I didn't look like me, I looked older, like a new person. I stared at the unknown person in the mirror for what seemed like hours, when a cough interrupted me.

I turned and looked at the door and saw Alice tapping her foot impatiently. "Sorry." I say, as Rose giggles. "Thank you Rose, it's perfect!" I said hugging her. "You're welcome, but I didn't need to do much. You are beautiful without makeup." She says, as I feel the tears coming. I tilt my head up and fan my eyes trying not to ruin her masterpiece. When I was done, I followed Alice down the hall. I could here the boys laughing down the hall, but I could also hear all the voices downstairs. I took a deep breath in and out. It's only the rehearsal dinner. I repeated in my head a million times. I saw the boys exiting out of the room, talking and laughing loudly. Then I saw Edward, and he knew exactly what I was thinking and headed over to me, he hugs me. "Hey, it's okay. He'll be here." He says, and I can here the anger in his voice, even though he's trying to be happy for me. Is Jacob coming? I shook the thought away and I held Edward in a hug for what seemed like a long time. I didn't ever want to let go, but Alice had other ideas. "Come on you too, you can hug all you want after the rehearsal dinner." She says pulling me downstairs.

I looked all around as Alice was pulling me down the stairs. People were conversing, eating, and, well, staring. At first, I thought it was just at Alice. But, then I realized they were watching me. Following me with their eyes. We reached the bottom of the staircase, and I felt someone wrap the arms around my waist. I turned around and saw Edward. I pulled him onto the make-shift dance floor. And we rocked back and forth to the music. I rest my head on his chest, and he picked me up, and placed my feet on his.

As we danced, I looked around and saw Emmett and Rose kissing and I laughed. Alice and Jasper were dancing like they were in the 90's. And Mom and Dad were almost like Edward and I, except they were actually dancing. I finally realized that I really do belong here. I am Carlisle and Esme's daughter. Alice and Rose are truly my sisters. Jasper is the calm and protective older brother. And Emmett was my tough, but teddy bear like, protective older brother. And Edward, oh Edward, completes me. He is the thing that holds me to reality. Without any of these people, I would not be who I am. But one person is missing, my best friend. My friend who I met so long ago in a science class. He helped me and cared for me. He didn't care what I was, or really much about most of my family. He helped me when my family wasn't there. But, he also betrayed me. No, I betrayed him. I lied to him. I kept secrets from him. I wasn't being a good friend. But, that all changed. And we were actually all working together. Or so I thought. I quickly scanned the room for any sight of him. Nothing. I shook it off. I felt Edward kiss the top of my head. I don't need to wait on Jake anymore, I have Edward. I'll be fine. Will I be fine?