Date 2: Edward

Yesterday, before my meeting with Jane, I was excited to go on this date. Now, not so much. I want go home, I miss my family. When is dad going to be here? Edward must have noticed me worrying, and walked over to me. I was about to start getting ready for the date. "Hey, it's okay. Dad will be here soon, we'll be out of here in no time." He says kissing the top of my head.

After I was finished getting ready, with the help of Alice of course, Edward led me out of the room. He said we had to stay close to the castle, so he set up a surprise in the courtyard. He held my hand and his other hand over my eyes. I could smell the flowers blooming, the smell of food also filled my nose. Mm... My favorite food, spaghetti. He guided me towards the chair, pulled it out without uncovering my eyes and sat me down. "What is this?" I say as he uncovers my eyes. I look around me and see a small pond, with a few animals around it. I looked at the table in front of me. There was a vase of flowers in the middle of the table. The tablecloth was a lacy white, it hung nicely over the edges of the table. I looked up, and saw a beautiful cabana, it was decorated with more flowers, it was gorgeous.

After I had finished eating, we went on a walk by the pond. My hand was in his, and I couldn't feel more at home. But, no matter how safe I felt with Edward, Jane's threat lingered in my mind. We will be out of here, only one more day. Edward laid out the blanket he was carrying. I laid down, Edward next to me. I tried to forget all that has happened, tried to forget Jane's words, my date with Alec, and my future with the Voltori. I couldn't do it anymore, I broke down. Tears streaming down my face, and soaking Edward's shirt. I guessed he could feel the puddle, slowly seeping through his shirt. He propped his head up with his elbow, so he could see me. "What's wrong?" He says, his eyes filling black with worry. "Um, this is lovely and all babe. But, I don't feel too good, can we head back?" I say standing up, my hand still in his. "Sure." He says smiling, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

We walked back to the castle, hand in hand. I had to tell someone about Jane, and since I'm a mental mute, according to Edward, I could tell Alice and he wouldn't know. "I need to talk to Alice for a few, it's girl stuff you wouldn't understand." I say walking into my room, and closing the door. Alice was sitting on my bed, going through the outfits in my closet. "Hey, how was your date?" She asks looking up from the millions of dresses scattered across the bed. "It was good, but I need to tell you something. Promise you won't tell Edward." I look her straight in the eyes. "But, I can't lie to-" she starts to say. "No buts. Alice, please it's important." I say giving her the puppy dog face. "Fine. Spill." She says, moving a stack of dresses then motioning me to sit down. I sat down and look at her. "Edward is in trouble and it's all my fault." I say, a tear slipping down my cheek.

After telling her about the whole Jane incident, Alice crushed me into a hug. "It's okay, we will protect you and I will help you protect him." She says smiling as she quickly hangs up all the dresses. "First things first, we have to get rid of that date with Felix tomorrow. But, how?" Alice says. "Um, well I could say I'm sick." I say, knowing that I could use some extra z's. "Sounds good. I'll go tell Aro and the rest of the guard. Right before she left, I said, "And Alice, don't forget, don't think about what Jane said around him. I don't won't to worry him anymore." I say as Edward walks in. "Who don't you want to worry?" He said as he walked in. "Uh, Dad. I just hope he gets here soon." I say running into the closet and closing the door.

That night, I was laying in bed. I pretended to be sick. I suck at lying. I heard a knock on my door, it was light. Alice. Edward got on from the spot, next to me. I was comfortable, actually not freaking out about Jane. His arms were wrapped around me. He walked to the door, and opened it. Alice. She was in the room next door. I sat up and walked over to Alice. "I need to talk to you." She says. I look at Edward and he nods. Alice grabs my hand and pulls me into her room next door.

"Dad called, he said they are heading here. They'll be here soon. Bella, it's okay." She says hugging me. She told me the plan. She talked to the Voltori and they cancelled the date, there was only one problem. I had to choose tomorrow.

The next morning, I woke up in Edward's arms. I looked up at him and smiled, his eyes were closed. He must be thinking. I kissed his jaw, and he opened his eyes. "Good morning." He says, as I giggle. I got up and went to go change, I put on a pair of jeans and a flannel. I just wanted to wear something normal for once. Today was the day I had to choose. Of course it's Edward, but what about Jane. I shook off the thought and went to Alice's room.

I knocked. No answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. I opened the door and Alice was gone. I started to panic, but then I heard a giggle coming from my room. I closed Alice's door and I walked into my room. I saw Alice, Jane and Edward talking. I froze in the doorway, staring at Alice. Then I looked to Jane, she had a smirk on her face. I can't believe her. I turned around and walked to the front room, and outside. The patio was nice. I went back by the pond, and laid down in the grass. This can't be happening, right? I'm just going crazy, right? So many questions are running through my head, when I hear a loud bang come from the hall by the Voltori.

I dropped the flower I was playing with, and ran inside. I ran into the hall, and saw Emmett and Rose. I ran to them, squeezing them tightly for my half-vampire, half-human body. They hugged me back, but I stopped. "Where is everyone else?" I say. I hear another loud crash come from the Voltori's court. We all ran to the room, Rose and Emmett a little faster. I pushed open the door and saw Aro's hand wrapped around Edward's neck ready to tear it off. Felix holding Jasper, Alec holding Alice. Marcus holding Esme. And Caius holding Carlisle. Two other guards came over and grabbed Rose and Emmett. I stood there frozen, staring at my family. There all trapped because of me. Then I saw Jane walking towards me. I froze, my fight or flight instincts were taken over. I didn't know what to do. Freezing sounded good, but then I remembered I am in a room full of vampires. Alrighty. I ran towards the door, but Jane stood in front of me.

Nowhere to go. Trapped. I was staring death straight in the eyes. I couldn't stop looking at the red, the color so bold and bright. I swear I could see the venom building up. "Do you know how dangerous I am?" Jane says, as I stare at her. Then I watched her look at Edward, "Pain." She whispers, just loud enough so I can hear. I look and see Edward crumble to the ground, screaming in pain. "Stop, stop please!" I yell, trying to run to Edward. But, Jane held me tight. I watched as she looked at the rest of my family. I heard their screeches. I looked Jane in the eyes "Please stop this." I whisper. She loses her death stare on my family and looks at me. "No!" I hear Edward yell, and I look at Jane. Her eyes lock with mine. "Pain."