Shadows

Outside the rain poured, pelting the streets and cars. A clash of thunder could be heard and the occasional lightning strike seen. Though this fact did not matter, because inside, Alice was facing her own storm. She had been tossing and turning for the pass hour, trying to escape her fiendish dream. He was chasing her. A man in a black coat. It was raining in her dream too, but it had flooded her. Everywhere she turned, he was there. Why couldn't she escape? She ran and ran until he was right in front of her. She fell to her knees exhausted and closed her eyes. This is the end, she thought. He placed his hand on her head and agony swarmed into her. Everywhere pain, just searing with pain. She screamed but nothing came out. Fear engulfed her and shivers made her teeth chatter. All this was no use to him. He let go of his hand, turned away, and vanished laughing. The pain immediately diminished. Her body numb and limp laid on the ground now. She barely had the strength to but she did it. She opened her eyes.

            The storm had ended outside but it was still dark. She took a look at her clock. 5:34 am. She yawned and sat on the edge of her bed. Her room was a light purple and had glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. This is her room, she thought, and he's not in here. Sigh. She was starting to creep herself out, thinking he was here. She couldn't go back to bed now. No, Instead she took out her cellphone and texted her boyfriend, Joshua.

Alice: Hey u up?

She waited several minutes before she got a text back.

Joshua: Yea now I am

Alice: O so sorry to wake u up

Joshua: No prob. U cant sleep?

Alice: no. had a nightmare.

Joshua: Ooooo. How can I help?

Alice: Aww its notin

Joshua: u sure? Cuz we can talk.

Alice: No everything is fine.

Joshua: ok

Alice: I gonna start to get ready 4 skool. 6Am

Joshua: ok gonna sleep som more. Zzzzzzz

Alice: k. c u latr

Joshua: yep.

She closed her phone and got up. Although her nightmare was faint in her mind, she could still feel the pain from his touch.