Grounded

Alice watched the car drive away. She wanted to call him back. Then she remembered that she could call him. Alice took out her cell, dialed him number, and walked away hopefully towards where his car was now. The phone rang and rang. Alice felt tears building up. Why wasn't he picking it up? On the ground several yards away was broken pieces of something. Somehow Alice knew Dimitri had thrown the phone out. Did he really hate her now? 

Alice was going to walk farther when she heard a car coming closer. She looked back to see that Dimitri had came back. Maybe he came back for me!  Running towards the meadow she ran. Over and over, she kept telling herself, He loves me. He really loves me. He will never leave me. She saw him get out of the car. Alice stopped in her tracks. She saw him pick up the body and place it in his car. How? Alice was trembling with rage again. How can he ppick up that dead bitch when I, his fucking girlfriend, is rigth here!! Alice had just about the nerve to run up to him and shove him to the ground.

Biting her lip, she tried to hold her temper, and walked over to the car. She was only a few feet away when she felt a deadly chill pass her. Alice felt her hair spike up on her neck and she spun around looking for the source. After scanning the field, she turned her attention back to Dimitri. Alice stared in horror as he flew away into the sky. "Dimitri!", she called after him, "Dimitri, come back!" He was flying higher and higher. Alice tried to catch up to him, but he continued to rise up into the clouds. In a last chance Alice put up her hands to him calling, "Dimitri, don't go! Don't go!" Alice fell to the ground and watched him vanish in the clouds.

Crying in her hands she whispered one more call, "Dimitri, please don't leave me again."