Not now

For a split second everything in Alice froze. Time seemed to slow down and blur. Alice grew tense and with a quick impulse, pushed Dimitri off her. He rolled onto the grass, dazed and wondering what happenied. Alice saw the stake come down on her. She heard herself scream and Dimitri yell out her name. "Alice!", he called, but she was in a different world. The pain flared as the stake went through her chest. Alice stood above her hands bloodied. Then everything went still. Alice closed her eyes as the world faded and dimmed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Dimitri felt his chest tighten as he saw the stake hit her. He called for Alice to stop, but it was already too late. Standing up with shakey legs he saw the stake in her chest. He could felt tears coming up but he was too strong to let them out. Clenching his hands into fists he stared at his Alice. "How the hell could you do this?" She fell to her knees and started sobbing. She shook her head, "No, I never meant to.." her voice trailed over in a wave of sobs and cries. Dimitri glared at her angry and disappointed. When she saw his face she broke down in more sobs. "Alice, you're pathetic." A moment of dead silence followed. Dimitri walked over to the body. 

Kneeling he let his fingers trail in her hair. The hair that was soft and sweet only a minute ago was stringy and hard. This girl, he loved even before he met her, had sacrificed herself to save him. She had saved him to be killed by her own self. Dimitri ran his hand through his own hair, not carin that blood was staining it. Why did have to save him? He was immortal. Even if he had been stabbed, he would've healed quick. A huge why blared in his mind. Saddness bubbled in his chest as did the rage at this Alice that was supposed to be his. 

 # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * 

Alice looked up and saw Dimitri crouch by the body. How could he just lay there. Didn't he understand that he was hers! He had no right to be fucking with any girl, but her! She wanted to reach over to him and hold him close. Didn't he know she did it for them? Getting up slowly she crawled over to him. She was just about to lay her hand on him, when he quickly turned around and pushed her down. Speechless she fell to the ground. With an open mouth she gawked at him walking away. After a second she got up and started chasing him. "Dimitri! Wait for me!" He didn't turn back but instead walked faster back to a car. "Dimitri! Don't leave me!" Opening the door he glanced at her, "I left you a long time ago." He got in the car and drove away. Alice stood in the field just staring after the car driving farther and farther away.