To Continue

It had been a week without a sign from him.

He was he distraction though. Her boyfriend seemed nonexistant.

Somehow, alice wasn't even sure if they were still together.

 Alice lived in a haze waking up wondering if he would be next to her. Somehow Alice kept her grades up but her life felt like everything was just an illusion. Her friends felt distant and her parents outsiders. Her notebook was her only lively companion. Alice regularly drew in it.

The images of nature or her dream now were ripped out and refilled with pictures of him. His eyes a green emerald among gray lead. His hair solid black and his skin pale and warm. She could feel him in her art. She could smell him in her art. She could taste him. Alice spent day and night thinking about him.

Each day, driving her closer to insanity. The wall between realtiy and fantasy was a sheath of cloth to her. Her dreams were her world and her fears were the monsters behind the door. Could she face them? Probably but being in his arms was better.

Day by day, she lost a fragment of power to control her life. Each day she lost her love for life. Each day wondering if maybe she could go through the mirror to the realm where she knew he lived in. Maybe she would be able to kiss him.

Kiss him.

The thought burned her.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice pondered.

One late night, she sat in her bed, wondering, if she was to go into the mirror, maybe her dream would become reality. Alice got up and shuffled to the bathroom. She hadn't been in that bathroom for a week, ever since she met him. She blew on the glass.

It rippled.