Balanced between two

Taking her from her shoulders he shook her. He didn't mean to, but what can a guy do when all that matters to him is going to be taken away in a lie. "What do you mean?" She shook her head and tears began to flow out of her eyes. He didn't want to hurt her. Not now, not ever. He let go of her and she fell in his arms. He hugged her softly and stroked her back. This girl, he loves her soo much. "Alice, why can't you remember? Did they do something to you? Did they make you forget?" 

Her lip was trembling, "No. . no. They didn't do anything like that."

"Then why can't you remember?"

"Because I wasn't the one to led us here. They led me here. They led me to them."

Around them darkness seemed to seep closer to them.  Alice and DImitri clung to each other. They looked into their eyes and wished they could just leave this place. "Dimitri. I love you." He looked her straight in her eyes.

"I know Alice. I love you, too. Always I will." Suddenly everything went black. The world seemed to be lifted hgher and higher, like an elevator going up faster than normal. Alice held on, her head buried in Dimitri's neck and shoulders. Time seemed to pass quickly. Screams were heard and a sudden chill went up their spines. 

Dimitri and Alice closed their eyes and met their lips for a final kiss. Warmth filled them and tears filled their eyes. They never wanted to leave each other. They wanted to stay like this forever. They dreamed,wished, and prayed more in these few seconds more than their whole lives.

And I think that's what saved them.