Capture away

They had pales gray faces. Some had no eyes others no mouth. They all crowded around Alice. Their arms and hands wrapped around her. They all faced him. Dimitri backed away, shivers running down his spine. "Alice, who are they and why did you take me here?" Alice still held by the little hands answered him,

"I didn't plan to come here, but something led me here. I needed answers and they showed me them."

"Alice, killing yourself is not the answer!" Alice gave a slight smiled and laughed at him. Dimitri looked into her eyes and fold nothing in them. Where was that girl he had just proclaimed his love for a second ago? "Alice, what happened to you?" She rolled her eyes at him and gave another laugh.

"These ones, these ones that wrap around me have shown me the answer."  Dimitri was scared now. He searched her up and down, but every glance just threw him farther and farther away from him. 

"Alice don't listen to them! They only want to trick you! They just want to use you!"

She smiled wickedly at him and flipped her hair a bit. All around her grew darker and the shadows seemed to form one huge gray shadow behind her. With an innocent, yet fake voice she replied to him,

"I know."

"So you want to die?" Dimitri was losing her. Every second he was growing farther away. He needed her back. He had to stop the shadows. Now.

"Dimitri, did you know it wasn't really you that let me go to your world?" Dimitri looked at her and his thoughts stopped.

'What do you mean? I was the one that went through it first, which led you to go through it."

"No. The Shadows set it all up. They planned everything. Even my death."

"But what about the other Alice?" Dimitri was thinking of some way to get her back. He needed the Shadows to be distracted with questions so that he could help Alice.

"Oh her, she'll die after my soul dies. There can only be one Alice in the world, and once that one is gone, every Alice in every dimension must die." She cackled and Dimitri felt like he was being stabbed in the heart. Were the Shadows controlling her? 

"Alice, but what about me?"

She frowned and turned to the Shadows. Dimitri wanted to be closer to her, no matter what she was now. He loves her. Every second she turned her back, he floated closer to her. Love is what brought him closer. Suddenly a horrible shriek was heard. Alice turned around to Dimitri an evil grin on her face. "What are you trying to do, Dimitri?" 

"i want you back."

The little arms around her tightened their grin around her. "I was never yours. And I will never be."

Dimitri swallowed the stab and kept going, floating closer. "Alice, but if you're not mine, then who do you belong to?" 

A cry was heard from the Shadows, one that seemed to echo for centuries. "She's MINE!!!"