1.4 - The Ali Situation

As the last bell rang at Rosewood Falls High, Hanna breathed a sigh of relief. The first day of school had officially come and gone, and she somehow made it through without so much as a scratch on her already flawless reputation as one of the resident Queen B's. As she skirted out the classroom door as quickly as possible, she saw a familiar head of dark brown locks rushing out of another classroom across the hall. "Hey Aria! Wait up!" She called to her friend with a grin as she ran up to her. "Hey! Okay so glad I ran into you, I think it's time we all called an emergency meeting at my place. Already texted Spence and Em, what do you think?" 

Aria didn't even have to say what the meeting was about, Hanna understood her immediately. They had to talk about the Ali situation. She was officially back from the dead, somehow, and constantly guarded by that intimidating girl, Katherine. Whatever was going on, Hanna didn't like it, and she could tell from Aria's tone, and worried expression, neither did she. It just all seemed too fishy, and Ali had to be up to some of her old tricks. "I'm totally with you. Let's go."

The girls headed out towards the school's entrance where a sleek, midnight blue, 1960's Chevy convertible was parked, waiting for them to hop on in. And of course, in the driver's seat sat Aria's older brother, Damon. 

"Well hello there ladies!" He shouted out at them from behind his dark aviator sunglasses. "Best first day of school ever?!" He teased with a smirk of delight at seeing his sister's friend Hanna. There was just something about that girl that either irritated him or fascinated him, but he couldn't quite pinpoint it. His grin only grew larger as he saw every girl within a hundred foot radius staring right at him and his flawless car. Damon was a notorious womanizer in Rosewood, much to Aria's distain. She was constantly trying to get him to settle down, and he wasn't completely opposed to the idea, he just hadn't found the right girl yet.

"And just when I thought this day couldn't get any more boring, look who it is. Damon." Hanna threw a passive aggressive remark his way with a smirk equaling his as they hopped into the backseat. 

Damon reached around his chair to lean towards them. "Is that any way to treat an old friend? Come on now, Hanna, you know you're glad to see me." He gave her a sly wink. Sure, Hanna had to admit, it was pretty fun to argue with him, even if he did drive her totally and completely nuts.

Aria had had just about enough of this however, and she gave him a mocking punch on the shoulder as she exclaimed, "Cut it out guys, let's go!" 

Damon slid back into his driving position and revved the engine, just to give all the girls watching a little show. "Alright, as you wish." The engine sprang into action and the girls burst into laugher while they were knocked back into their seats by sheer force of the speeding start of the car. 

________________________________